NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Thunder and Warriors Force Game 7
By Tarish Bhat | May 2, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers took their postseason series against Atlanta Hawks to the seveth game by winning the sixth 95-88. The Pacers rallied from a five-point deficit in the fourth quarter, giving themselves a chance of moving to the second round.
Memphis Grizzles Zach Randolph in action against Oklahoma City Thunder in the sixth postseason game.
With just three minutes remaining on the clock, the Hawks took an 84-79 lead to put the Pacers in trouble. David West, however, sparked a turnaround by scoring four straight points for the Pacers. West, who finished the game with 24 points, scored two more baskets in the final minute to seal the win.
In what could be a season-saving victory for Indiana, Paul George finished with 25 points and eight rebounds, whereas Lance Stephenson added 21 points and nine rebounds. Jeff Teague scored 29 points, while Paul Millsap finished with 16 points and 18 rebounds for the Hawks.
"Nobody's going to lay down and just allow their season to be over with," Atlanta Hawks' Lou Williams said. "Especially with the type of basketball team that they are. I think they just did a great job of just fighting at that three-minute mark and made the plays that we didn't."
In the second game of the day, Oklahoma City Thunder also stayed alive, with a Game 6 104-84 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies never troubled the Thunder, as they wrapped up the game comfortably.
The Thunder restricted Grizzlies right from the start and only allowed them to score 17 points in the first quarter. Leading by eight points by the end of the first quarter, Oklahoma stretched their lead to 15 points at halftime.
Steven Adams became the second youngest NBA player to record five blocks in a game. He finished with five blocks, two points and three rebounds during his 20 minutes on the court. Kevin Durant finished the game with 36 points, while Russell Westbrook had 25 points.
"We needed to win this game," Durant said. "That's more motivation than anything, so our team responded. We've got to do an even better job in Game 7."
In the final game of the day, the Golden State Warriors prevailed over the Los Angeles Clippers 100-99 to take the first round series to the decider.
Stephen Curry scored 24 points and nine assists, Andre Iguodala added 15 points, while Draymond Green finished the game with 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Warriors.
LA missed three crucial shots in the closing stages, with Matt Barnes finally scoring a valiant three-pointer with just 1.1 seconds left, before they ran out of time.
Catch Indiana Pacers vs Atlanta Hawks highlights here.
Catch Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies highlights here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports