NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Thunder and Warriors Force Game 7
By Tarish Bhat | May 2, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers took their postseason series against Atlanta Hawks to the seveth game by winning the sixth 95-88. The Pacers rallied from a five-point deficit in the fourth quarter, giving themselves a chance of moving to the second round.
Memphis Grizzles Zach Randolph in action against Oklahoma City Thunder in the sixth postseason game.
With just three minutes remaining on the clock, the Hawks took an 84-79 lead to put the Pacers in trouble. David West, however, sparked a turnaround by scoring four straight points for the Pacers. West, who finished the game with 24 points, scored two more baskets in the final minute to seal the win.
In what could be a season-saving victory for Indiana, Paul George finished with 25 points and eight rebounds, whereas Lance Stephenson added 21 points and nine rebounds. Jeff Teague scored 29 points, while Paul Millsap finished with 16 points and 18 rebounds for the Hawks.
"Nobody's going to lay down and just allow their season to be over with," Atlanta Hawks' Lou Williams said. "Especially with the type of basketball team that they are. I think they just did a great job of just fighting at that three-minute mark and made the plays that we didn't."
In the second game of the day, Oklahoma City Thunder also stayed alive, with a Game 6 104-84 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies never troubled the Thunder, as they wrapped up the game comfortably.
The Thunder restricted Grizzlies right from the start and only allowed them to score 17 points in the first quarter. Leading by eight points by the end of the first quarter, Oklahoma stretched their lead to 15 points at halftime.
Steven Adams became the second youngest NBA player to record five blocks in a game. He finished with five blocks, two points and three rebounds during his 20 minutes on the court. Kevin Durant finished the game with 36 points, while Russell Westbrook had 25 points.
"We needed to win this game," Durant said. "That's more motivation than anything, so our team responded. We've got to do an even better job in Game 7."
In the final game of the day, the Golden State Warriors prevailed over the Los Angeles Clippers 100-99 to take the first round series to the decider.
Stephen Curry scored 24 points and nine assists, Andre Iguodala added 15 points, while Draymond Green finished the game with 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Warriors.
LA missed three crucial shots in the closing stages, with Matt Barnes finally scoring a valiant three-pointer with just 1.1 seconds left, before they ran out of time.
Catch Indiana Pacers vs Atlanta Hawks highlights here.
Catch Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies highlights here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected