‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Burke Returns; Will Cristina Accept his Offer?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 2, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Burke is back in “Grey’s Anatomy” and he wants Cristina to move to Zurich and replace him so that her career would prosper. And Burke’s grant gesture is not because he is still pining for her, but because he wants to leave the hospital and feels that Cristina would be the best person to take his position.
Grey's Anatomy (Facebook/Screengrab)
Before the episode aired, speculations were rife that Burke wanted to get back with Cristina and resume their relationship. But seven years have changed a lot in their lives. Cristina got married and divorced, and Burke too has a wife whom he says is the love of his life.
However, when Burke offers Cristina a job at his hospital, she is skeptical about his intentions.
“Is this some ploy to get me back in your life? Because I’m not interested,” says Cristina, to which Burke replies saying he has a wife back home who seems to encompass all the qualities that he wanted in a wife. Burke tells Cristina that his wife gave up her career as a surgeon so that they could have a family.
“I don’t want you, Cristina...When you do what you and I do, as fiercely as we do it, you need somebody that’s willing to stay home and keep the home fires burning. That’s the only way you and I are ever going to have someone,” he explains.
Although both Burke and Cristina say they have moved on in their lives, it’s evident that the duo shares a sizzling chemistry, which they try to camouflage by picking up arguments. When Cristina reiterates that she will never work with him again, and that Burke leaving her at the altar was the best thing that happened to her, Burke indicated that he still harbors feelings for her.
“Us working together would destroy my marriage, my life. The way I loved you was consuming, and eventually, you hold the carrot and I’ll be chasing you. I have a family now. A life I want. I don’t want you to work for me. I want you to take over. I am leaving…I have been wanting to leave for a while…I haven’t been able to find anyone that I was willing to give the institute to, until now.”
Meanwhile, the Burke-Cristina scene has raked in a lot of praises from fans who took to their social networking sites to note that “We are never getting back together” was one of the best episodes of season 10.
A majority of them also want Cristina to take up the job offer and move away from Seattle.
The finale of the season is titled "Fear (of the Unknown)," and will see doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital dealing with a terrorist attack. It is not immediately known if Cristina will make it out in one piece.
“Grey’s Anatomy” season 10 finale will air on May 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones