‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Burke Returns; Will Cristina Accept his Offer?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 2, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Burke is back in “Grey’s Anatomy” and he wants Cristina to move to Zurich and replace him so that her career would prosper. And Burke’s grant gesture is not because he is still pining for her, but because he wants to leave the hospital and feels that Cristina would be the best person to take his position.
Grey's Anatomy (Facebook/Screengrab)
Before the episode aired, speculations were rife that Burke wanted to get back with Cristina and resume their relationship. But seven years have changed a lot in their lives. Cristina got married and divorced, and Burke too has a wife whom he says is the love of his life.
However, when Burke offers Cristina a job at his hospital, she is skeptical about his intentions.
“Is this some ploy to get me back in your life? Because I’m not interested,” says Cristina, to which Burke replies saying he has a wife back home who seems to encompass all the qualities that he wanted in a wife. Burke tells Cristina that his wife gave up her career as a surgeon so that they could have a family.
“I don’t want you, Cristina...When you do what you and I do, as fiercely as we do it, you need somebody that’s willing to stay home and keep the home fires burning. That’s the only way you and I are ever going to have someone,” he explains.
Although both Burke and Cristina say they have moved on in their lives, it’s evident that the duo shares a sizzling chemistry, which they try to camouflage by picking up arguments. When Cristina reiterates that she will never work with him again, and that Burke leaving her at the altar was the best thing that happened to her, Burke indicated that he still harbors feelings for her.
“Us working together would destroy my marriage, my life. The way I loved you was consuming, and eventually, you hold the carrot and I’ll be chasing you. I have a family now. A life I want. I don’t want you to work for me. I want you to take over. I am leaving…I have been wanting to leave for a while…I haven’t been able to find anyone that I was willing to give the institute to, until now.”
Meanwhile, the Burke-Cristina scene has raked in a lot of praises from fans who took to their social networking sites to note that “We are never getting back together” was one of the best episodes of season 10.
A majority of them also want Cristina to take up the job offer and move away from Seattle.
The finale of the season is titled "Fear (of the Unknown)," and will see doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital dealing with a terrorist attack. It is not immediately known if Cristina will make it out in one piece.
“Grey’s Anatomy” season 10 finale will air on May 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying