‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Burke Returns; Will Cristina Accept his Offer?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 2, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Burke is back in “Grey’s Anatomy” and he wants Cristina to move to Zurich and replace him so that her career would prosper. And Burke’s grant gesture is not because he is still pining for her, but because he wants to leave the hospital and feels that Cristina would be the best person to take his position.
Grey's Anatomy (Facebook/Screengrab)
Before the episode aired, speculations were rife that Burke wanted to get back with Cristina and resume their relationship. But seven years have changed a lot in their lives. Cristina got married and divorced, and Burke too has a wife whom he says is the love of his life.
However, when Burke offers Cristina a job at his hospital, she is skeptical about his intentions.
“Is this some ploy to get me back in your life? Because I’m not interested,” says Cristina, to which Burke replies saying he has a wife back home who seems to encompass all the qualities that he wanted in a wife. Burke tells Cristina that his wife gave up her career as a surgeon so that they could have a family.
“I don’t want you, Cristina...When you do what you and I do, as fiercely as we do it, you need somebody that’s willing to stay home and keep the home fires burning. That’s the only way you and I are ever going to have someone,” he explains.
Although both Burke and Cristina say they have moved on in their lives, it’s evident that the duo shares a sizzling chemistry, which they try to camouflage by picking up arguments. When Cristina reiterates that she will never work with him again, and that Burke leaving her at the altar was the best thing that happened to her, Burke indicated that he still harbors feelings for her.
“Us working together would destroy my marriage, my life. The way I loved you was consuming, and eventually, you hold the carrot and I’ll be chasing you. I have a family now. A life I want. I don’t want you to work for me. I want you to take over. I am leaving…I have been wanting to leave for a while…I haven’t been able to find anyone that I was willing to give the institute to, until now.”
Meanwhile, the Burke-Cristina scene has raked in a lot of praises from fans who took to their social networking sites to note that “We are never getting back together” was one of the best episodes of season 10.
A majority of them also want Cristina to take up the job offer and move away from Seattle.
The finale of the season is titled "Fear (of the Unknown)," and will see doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital dealing with a terrorist attack. It is not immediately known if Cristina will make it out in one piece.
“Grey’s Anatomy” season 10 finale will air on May 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James