HTC One M8 ‘Mini’ – New Name (HTC One Mini 2), Specifications, Release Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 2, 2014 3:53 PM EST
The flagship smartphone HTC One M8 is readily available from most of the mobile network carriers in the United States and across the globe; however, new information on the compact model of HTC One M8 is floating around the internet space. Here are some details about the rumored Mini variant of HTC One M8.
No Duo Camera
According to the leaked image, the HTC One Mini 2 comes with a protective case and it looks a lot similar to the larger HTC One M8. This handset will not come with the famed 'Duo camera' which is part of the bigger HTC One M8, in order to maintain the price range of Mini. The Mini 2 will house a 13 MP rear facing camera unit without HTC's UltraPixel technology.
The Mini 2 specifications include a 4.5 inches screen with 720p display resolution. The handset is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.4GHz and it comes with 1GB of RAM. In addition, this phone is equipped with a 16GB of internal storage. The Mini 2 will be running on Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI on top of it. The compact version of HTC One M8 features the same brushed aluminum frame exterior.
The HTC One Mini 2 is expected to be released in many markets across the world. According to the latest rumor, Verizon could be an exclusive carrier in the USA. Outside the United States, Swedish carrier Telia is expected to offer the smartphone after it accidentally listed the Mini 2 on its website, according to GSMArena.
If the rumors were true, the HTC One Mini 2 will be launched this month (May).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build