Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date This Fall with Galaxy S5 Like Specs and Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 2, 2014 3:47 PM EST
It is still a long way before the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date comes but recently there was an alleged accidental release of information that confirms the release of the smartphone in the second half of this year, probably in the fall.
Reuters / Albert Gea
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
The rumours started after the recent update that allowed PCs using Microsoft Windows share data with Samsung mobile devices via SideSync. The French Web site Planet-Galaxy unveiled a screenshot capture showing a list of devices compatible with the update - the screenshot of devices included the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which suggests the imminent release of the device soon. Thus far, whether or not the leak was made intentional to start the rumour mill remains unknown.
On the other hand, if the rumour is accurate, it is possible that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might be made available around IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany. In the past, the Suwon-based conglomerate has launched the Samsung Galaxy Note at the German-based convention.
Although the South Korean tech giant has not yet confirmed the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, Samsung's senior president Yoon Han-Kil cryptically told Reuters that the company will release a new Note device with a "new form factor" in the second half of 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is believed to sport some similar features to the Samsung Galaxy S5 like the dust-proof and water-resistant design. It is also rumoured to have a faster processor, faster data speeds via LTE-Advanced and improved screen. The next-generation Galaxy Note device might be significantly bigger than the Galaxy Note 3 and it might sport personalised handwriting recognition for added security.
Also in the world of possibility, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, which is a recently launched quad-core Krait 450 chip up to 2.7 GHz. This processor will be able to support 4K resolution, known as Ultra HD and if this rumour is accurate the Samsung Note 4 will be the first device to sport a 4K screen on release date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build