Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date This Fall with Galaxy S5 Like Specs and Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 2, 2014 3:47 PM EST
It is still a long way before the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date comes but recently there was an alleged accidental release of information that confirms the release of the smartphone in the second half of this year, probably in the fall.
Reuters / Albert Gea
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
The rumours started after the recent update that allowed PCs using Microsoft Windows share data with Samsung mobile devices via SideSync. The French Web site Planet-Galaxy unveiled a screenshot capture showing a list of devices compatible with the update - the screenshot of devices included the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which suggests the imminent release of the device soon. Thus far, whether or not the leak was made intentional to start the rumour mill remains unknown.
On the other hand, if the rumour is accurate, it is possible that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might be made available around IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany. In the past, the Suwon-based conglomerate has launched the Samsung Galaxy Note at the German-based convention.
Although the South Korean tech giant has not yet confirmed the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, Samsung's senior president Yoon Han-Kil cryptically told Reuters that the company will release a new Note device with a "new form factor" in the second half of 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is believed to sport some similar features to the Samsung Galaxy S5 like the dust-proof and water-resistant design. It is also rumoured to have a faster processor, faster data speeds via LTE-Advanced and improved screen. The next-generation Galaxy Note device might be significantly bigger than the Galaxy Note 3 and it might sport personalised handwriting recognition for added security.
Also in the world of possibility, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, which is a recently launched quad-core Krait 450 chip up to 2.7 GHz. This processor will be able to support 4K resolution, known as Ultra HD and if this rumour is accurate the Samsung Note 4 will be the first device to sport a 4K screen on release date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast