Sony Xperia Z2 has Landed in Australia - Specifications (Quick View), Price and Availability (Vodafone, Optus, Telstra)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 2, 2014 3:45 PM EST
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Interested buyers can place an order for the handset starting May 7th from Vodafone for an additional $10 per month on the $65 monthly plan that includes unlimited minutes within Australia. In addition, this plan also offers unlimited standard text messages within Australia and overseas, unlimited voicemail and unlimited calls to 18/13 numbers.
Users under this plan (24 months contract), users will also get a 3GB of data according to the double data deal; nevertheless, this could be a limited period offer. The regular plan comes with 1.5GB of data.
Interested buyers can order Xperia Z2 from Optus for an additional $16 per month on the $60 plan that includes 600 minutes of calls, unlimited text messages and MMS within Australia. Additionally, it provides 1.5GB of data under 24 months contract plan.
The pricing is not been revealed so far under Telstra but the potential buyers can expect to pre-order Xperia Z2 shortly.
Specifications (Quick View)
The Sony Xperia Z2 packs quite a lot of interesting features and here is the list:
- 5.2 inches Full HD display
- A solid 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution
- Combines both Triluminos Display technology and Sony's proprietary X-Reality engine from BRAVIA TV line which promises better colour and image reproduction
- 16 GB of internal storage
- Expandable via microSD card up to 64 GB
- A whopping 20.7 MP rear-facing camera and 2.2 MP front-facing camera
- 4K video capturing ability, 8x digital zoom and HDR
- New SteadyShot feature for camera focus
- Runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box
- Powered by quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.3GHz
- Comes with a much-required 3GB of RAM
- A good 3200mAh battery (Talk-time: up to 19 hours)
- Water and dust resistant
- Uses high-quality digital noise cancelling technology and audio/video recording
- TimeShift Video mode option (allows 120fps slow-motion video capture)
- Provides out of the box support to Vine.
- Supports NFC and USB charging
- Colors: Black, White & Purple
According to Gizmodo, there is no news about the Xperia Z2's wearable gadget Lifeband's availability in Australia at this point in time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid