LG G3 Launching Event in May 27th at San Francisco, London and New York; 10 Million Sales Targeted by LG
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
LG has announced an official event happening in May 27th at three locations - San Francisco, London and New York which may be the launching date of LG G3 smartphone. The company already set mass production of G3 and expects 10 million units as sales target of their new smartphone.
LG Event 2014
But LG did not announce the main attraction on their upcoming event or tipped out if G3 is going to be present or not. However, many believe G3 will attend the said even after sources confirmed the mass production and sales target of the new smartphone.
Last month, LG G3's user interface leaked out that features flattened and vanilla look similar to most Nexus devices. Moreover, LG G3 will boast a QHD or 2K display resolution and various revamps on the icons, widgets and services.
1. Official UI revamp such as flat, vanilla and brighter icons.
2. Widgets have been redesigned with built-in suggestions in the weather widget.
3. More on text rather than heavy-packed graphics for widgets.
4. Notifications from various apps reveal almost every detail.
5. Improved notifications shade with QSlide and shortcuts from different apps.
6. Made the background on the notifications area and soft key buttons transparent.
7. QHD or 2K display resolution implementation - 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Concierge feature is the new addition which acts similarly with Google Now but heavily customised by LG. It is an advanced personalisation tool which collects information from different sources online and observes usage to begin recommendation of useful data. Unlike Google Now, LG plans to offer more services beyond Google can using the Concierge.
Mass Production Started
Korean news media revealed that LG already started mass production of G3 and gearing up for its biggest day. Information leaked by Korean news media includes the LG's targeted sales figure of 10 million G3 units.
LG may have succeeded on G2, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 but the sales target of 10 million units could be unattainable with their current issues on pushing flagship smartphones in the market. Additionally, the company may also suffer some setback with production difficulties just to achieve that number.
In case you are curious about the early specifications of LG G3, the upcoming smartphone sports 5.5-inches of 2K display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP primary camera and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report