LG G3 Launching Event in May 27th at San Francisco, London and New York; 10 Million Sales Targeted by LG
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
LG has announced an official event happening in May 27th at three locations - San Francisco, London and New York which may be the launching date of LG G3 smartphone. The company already set mass production of G3 and expects 10 million units as sales target of their new smartphone.
LG Event 2014
But LG did not announce the main attraction on their upcoming event or tipped out if G3 is going to be present or not. However, many believe G3 will attend the said even after sources confirmed the mass production and sales target of the new smartphone.
Last month, LG G3's user interface leaked out that features flattened and vanilla look similar to most Nexus devices. Moreover, LG G3 will boast a QHD or 2K display resolution and various revamps on the icons, widgets and services.
1. Official UI revamp such as flat, vanilla and brighter icons.
2. Widgets have been redesigned with built-in suggestions in the weather widget.
3. More on text rather than heavy-packed graphics for widgets.
4. Notifications from various apps reveal almost every detail.
5. Improved notifications shade with QSlide and shortcuts from different apps.
6. Made the background on the notifications area and soft key buttons transparent.
7. QHD or 2K display resolution implementation - 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Concierge feature is the new addition which acts similarly with Google Now but heavily customised by LG. It is an advanced personalisation tool which collects information from different sources online and observes usage to begin recommendation of useful data. Unlike Google Now, LG plans to offer more services beyond Google can using the Concierge.
Mass Production Started
Korean news media revealed that LG already started mass production of G3 and gearing up for its biggest day. Information leaked by Korean news media includes the LG's targeted sales figure of 10 million G3 units.
LG may have succeeded on G2, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 but the sales target of 10 million units could be unattainable with their current issues on pushing flagship smartphones in the market. Additionally, the company may also suffer some setback with production difficulties just to achieve that number.
In case you are curious about the early specifications of LG G3, the upcoming smartphone sports 5.5-inches of 2K display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP primary camera and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Useful Tips For Moto X And Moto G: Lock Screen Notifications, Quick Settings And Privacy
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop List Of Bugs And Ways To Resolve On Nexus 5, Nexus 7 And Nexus 9
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- iPhone 8 Speculation: Exciting Big Leap From The iPhone 6
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots