LG G3 Launching Event in May 27th at San Francisco, London and New York; 10 Million Sales Targeted by LG
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
LG has announced an official event happening in May 27th at three locations - San Francisco, London and New York which may be the launching date of LG G3 smartphone. The company already set mass production of G3 and expects 10 million units as sales target of their new smartphone.
LG Event 2014
But LG did not announce the main attraction on their upcoming event or tipped out if G3 is going to be present or not. However, many believe G3 will attend the said even after sources confirmed the mass production and sales target of the new smartphone.
Last month, LG G3's user interface leaked out that features flattened and vanilla look similar to most Nexus devices. Moreover, LG G3 will boast a QHD or 2K display resolution and various revamps on the icons, widgets and services.
1. Official UI revamp such as flat, vanilla and brighter icons.
2. Widgets have been redesigned with built-in suggestions in the weather widget.
3. More on text rather than heavy-packed graphics for widgets.
4. Notifications from various apps reveal almost every detail.
5. Improved notifications shade with QSlide and shortcuts from different apps.
6. Made the background on the notifications area and soft key buttons transparent.
7. QHD or 2K display resolution implementation - 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Concierge feature is the new addition which acts similarly with Google Now but heavily customised by LG. It is an advanced personalisation tool which collects information from different sources online and observes usage to begin recommendation of useful data. Unlike Google Now, LG plans to offer more services beyond Google can using the Concierge.
Mass Production Started
Korean news media revealed that LG already started mass production of G3 and gearing up for its biggest day. Information leaked by Korean news media includes the LG's targeted sales figure of 10 million G3 units.
LG may have succeeded on G2, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 but the sales target of 10 million units could be unattainable with their current issues on pushing flagship smartphones in the market. Additionally, the company may also suffer some setback with production difficulties just to achieve that number.
In case you are curious about the early specifications of LG G3, the upcoming smartphone sports 5.5-inches of 2K display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP primary camera and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display