LG G3 Launching Event in May 27th at San Francisco, London and New York; 10 Million Sales Targeted by LG
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:44 PM EST
LG has announced an official event happening in May 27th at three locations - San Francisco, London and New York which may be the launching date of LG G3 smartphone. The company already set mass production of G3 and expects 10 million units as sales target of their new smartphone.
LG Event 2014
But LG did not announce the main attraction on their upcoming event or tipped out if G3 is going to be present or not. However, many believe G3 will attend the said even after sources confirmed the mass production and sales target of the new smartphone.
Last month, LG G3's user interface leaked out that features flattened and vanilla look similar to most Nexus devices. Moreover, LG G3 will boast a QHD or 2K display resolution and various revamps on the icons, widgets and services.
1. Official UI revamp such as flat, vanilla and brighter icons.
2. Widgets have been redesigned with built-in suggestions in the weather widget.
3. More on text rather than heavy-packed graphics for widgets.
4. Notifications from various apps reveal almost every detail.
5. Improved notifications shade with QSlide and shortcuts from different apps.
6. Made the background on the notifications area and soft key buttons transparent.
7. QHD or 2K display resolution implementation - 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Concierge feature is the new addition which acts similarly with Google Now but heavily customised by LG. It is an advanced personalisation tool which collects information from different sources online and observes usage to begin recommendation of useful data. Unlike Google Now, LG plans to offer more services beyond Google can using the Concierge.
Mass Production Started
Korean news media revealed that LG already started mass production of G3 and gearing up for its biggest day. Information leaked by Korean news media includes the LG's targeted sales figure of 10 million G3 units.
LG may have succeeded on G2, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 but the sales target of 10 million units could be unattainable with their current issues on pushing flagship smartphones in the market. Additionally, the company may also suffer some setback with production difficulties just to achieve that number.
In case you are curious about the early specifications of LG G3, the upcoming smartphone sports 5.5-inches of 2K display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP primary camera and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes