Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Android 4.4.3 HTC Release Roundup and Leak Update: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 2, 2014 3:41 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Android 4.4.3 releases have been keeping the market a buzz. According to recent information, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Android 4.4.3 are just around the corner. The Android update may start roll out this May up to June whereas the new Note device may hit stores around September. What can people expect?
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
Looking at Samsung's tradition, the company has been releasing Galaxy Note phablets during its IFA trade show in Berlin, Germany. It appears the South Korean tech giant plans on doing the same for the Galaxy Note 4. Korea Times reported that a Samsung official noted that the company has been "considering holding a launch event of [sic] the (Galaxy) Note 4 at the IFA trade fair."
The same official said that Samsung has been presently "finalizing specification details."According to the report, the IFA Trade Fair should happen in September. The release of the Galaxy Note 4 should therefore be around September 5. Reported features include a 64-bit processor, ultra-high definition display offering up to 3840 x 2160 resolution. The Galaxy Note 4 should also feature LTE-A or LTE Advanced connectivity although this will most likely trickle first to carrier in the United States.
As for the Android 4.4.3, there have been several sighting of the update. Sprint released a firmware related to the Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 5 but the company took down the firmware shortly. There are no final details or additional information when the company plans to roll out the update officially. According to a report by BGR, the Android 4.4.3 update may go by the build number KTU72B. LlabTooFeR's blog post read: "Android 4.4.3 is under testing. Build number is KTU72B." The developer also added: "Probably it will fix known camera bug."
As mentioned before, the upcoming android firmware sought to address problems in Android devices may be due to past OS updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid