Sony Xperia Z2 To Be Served in Verizon Wireless; Sony Mobile Plans to Sell Xperia Z2 Personally in the U.S.
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Sony Mobile may serve Xperia Z2 through another network carrier in the United States after an accidental post appeared. Xperia Z2 made its way to Verizon Wireless which was posted earlier via Google+ account.
Sony Xperia Z2 in Verizon Wireless
Sony Xperia Z2 was accidentally confirmed via Google + account of Sony Mobile as a part of the Verizon Wireless line-up. CNET caught the image right before it was quickly pulled out by the tech giant, revealing the Verizon logo on the top part of Xperia Z2.
Currently, Sony Xperia devices are sold in the United States exclusively via T-Mobile and the reasons remain unclear on why would Sony Mobile choose Verizon Wireless for Xperia Z2. Sony Mobile's latest flagship in the country is the Xperia Z1S, a variant of Xperia Z1 smartphone under T-Mobile.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI
- 5.2-inch Triluminous IPS LCD 1080p full HD display with X-Reality mobile engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3 GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- IP 58 for dust and water resistances
Sony Mobile to Personally Sell Xperia Z2
Sony Mobile may have a different plan on selling Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 Compact in the United States and it could be possibly personal. According to reports, Xperia Z2 units planned to be sold in the U.S. will no longer be under any contracts and instead Sony Mobile will sell the latest Xperia smartphone using the online stores priced as unlocked.
Moreover, Sony Mobile confirmed that neither Xperia Z2 nor Xperia Z1 Compact will be coming in the U.S. stores in the near future that may specify delay of the expected release in summer. Interested buyers in the United States will need to purchase Xperia Z2 via online stores while Xperia Z1 Compact is only available outside the country.
However, the source did not explain if the company really intends to end their exclusivity with T-Mobile or if the recent Google+ post is true with Verizon Wireless. Right now, Sony Xperia users in the U.S. are only able to purchase Xperia Z2 Tablet which will be hitting stores in May 4th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers