Sony Xperia Z2 To Be Served in Verizon Wireless; Sony Mobile Plans to Sell Xperia Z2 Personally in the U.S.
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Sony Mobile may serve Xperia Z2 through another network carrier in the United States after an accidental post appeared. Xperia Z2 made its way to Verizon Wireless which was posted earlier via Google+ account.
Sony Xperia Z2 in Verizon Wireless
Sony Xperia Z2 was accidentally confirmed via Google + account of Sony Mobile as a part of the Verizon Wireless line-up. CNET caught the image right before it was quickly pulled out by the tech giant, revealing the Verizon logo on the top part of Xperia Z2.
Currently, Sony Xperia devices are sold in the United States exclusively via T-Mobile and the reasons remain unclear on why would Sony Mobile choose Verizon Wireless for Xperia Z2. Sony Mobile's latest flagship in the country is the Xperia Z1S, a variant of Xperia Z1 smartphone under T-Mobile.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI
- 5.2-inch Triluminous IPS LCD 1080p full HD display with X-Reality mobile engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3 GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- IP 58 for dust and water resistances
Sony Mobile to Personally Sell Xperia Z2
Sony Mobile may have a different plan on selling Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 Compact in the United States and it could be possibly personal. According to reports, Xperia Z2 units planned to be sold in the U.S. will no longer be under any contracts and instead Sony Mobile will sell the latest Xperia smartphone using the online stores priced as unlocked.
Moreover, Sony Mobile confirmed that neither Xperia Z2 nor Xperia Z1 Compact will be coming in the U.S. stores in the near future that may specify delay of the expected release in summer. Interested buyers in the United States will need to purchase Xperia Z2 via online stores while Xperia Z1 Compact is only available outside the country.
However, the source did not explain if the company really intends to end their exclusivity with T-Mobile or if the recent Google+ post is true with Verizon Wireless. Right now, Sony Xperia users in the U.S. are only able to purchase Xperia Z2 Tablet which will be hitting stores in May 4th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’