Sony Xperia Z2 To Be Served in Verizon Wireless; Sony Mobile Plans to Sell Xperia Z2 Personally in the U.S.
By Ryan Inoyori | May 2, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Sony Mobile may serve Xperia Z2 through another network carrier in the United States after an accidental post appeared. Xperia Z2 made its way to Verizon Wireless which was posted earlier via Google+ account.
Sony Xperia Z2 in Verizon Wireless
Sony Xperia Z2 was accidentally confirmed via Google + account of Sony Mobile as a part of the Verizon Wireless line-up. CNET caught the image right before it was quickly pulled out by the tech giant, revealing the Verizon logo on the top part of Xperia Z2.
Currently, Sony Xperia devices are sold in the United States exclusively via T-Mobile and the reasons remain unclear on why would Sony Mobile choose Verizon Wireless for Xperia Z2. Sony Mobile's latest flagship in the country is the Xperia Z1S, a variant of Xperia Z1 smartphone under T-Mobile.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest Xperia Home UI
- 5.2-inch Triluminous IPS LCD 1080p full HD display with X-Reality mobile engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3 GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- IP 58 for dust and water resistances
Sony Mobile to Personally Sell Xperia Z2
Sony Mobile may have a different plan on selling Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 Compact in the United States and it could be possibly personal. According to reports, Xperia Z2 units planned to be sold in the U.S. will no longer be under any contracts and instead Sony Mobile will sell the latest Xperia smartphone using the online stores priced as unlocked.
Moreover, Sony Mobile confirmed that neither Xperia Z2 nor Xperia Z1 Compact will be coming in the U.S. stores in the near future that may specify delay of the expected release in summer. Interested buyers in the United States will need to purchase Xperia Z2 via online stores while Xperia Z1 Compact is only available outside the country.
However, the source did not explain if the company really intends to end their exclusivity with T-Mobile or if the recent Google+ post is true with Verizon Wireless. Right now, Sony Xperia users in the U.S. are only able to purchase Xperia Z2 Tablet which will be hitting stores in May 4th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6