LA Clippers May Have New Owner Eventually as Donald Sterling Battles Cancer
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 2, 2014 2:42 PM EST
To push for Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sell his team after being banned by the NBA for life over racist comments, a 10-member committee met in a conference on Thursday to discuss how to end Sterling's ownership of the basketball team, NBA Executive Vice President Mike Bass said.
Real estate mogul and Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball team owner Donald Sterling attends the Milken Institute Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California May 1, 2012.
Bass added that the committee unanimously agreed to move forward as fast as possible and would meet again next week, reported ESPN.
However, LA Clippers might eventually have a new owner, whether the NBA succeeds in pressuring Sterling to sell the team or even if the owner decided to battle it out in court.
Nature may intervene since Sterling is said to be battling cancer, the New York Post reports.
However, the daily said that while people were predicting the demise of Sterling two years ago, the LA Clippers owner has money for the best medication, although his medicine is being blamed for Sterling's puffy appearance.
The New York Post said a source confirmed that the 80-year-old controversial owner of the Clippers has prostate cancer, which the paper hinted could be something like a karma on Sterling who 10 years ago refused to pay for prostate cancer surgery for Kim Hughes, the assistant team coach.
Instead four Clippers players pooled their money to cover the $70,000 medical bill of Hughes.
While Sterling has stated the team is not for sale, several celebrities have come forward expressing interest in purchasing the LA Clippers. Among them are TV talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper Diddy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate