LA Clippers May Have New Owner Eventually as Donald Sterling Battles Cancer
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 2, 2014 2:42 PM EST
To push for Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sell his team after being banned by the NBA for life over racist comments, a 10-member committee met in a conference on Thursday to discuss how to end Sterling's ownership of the basketball team, NBA Executive Vice President Mike Bass said.
Real estate mogul and Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball team owner Donald Sterling attends the Milken Institute Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California May 1, 2012.
Bass added that the committee unanimously agreed to move forward as fast as possible and would meet again next week, reported ESPN.
However, LA Clippers might eventually have a new owner, whether the NBA succeeds in pressuring Sterling to sell the team or even if the owner decided to battle it out in court.
Nature may intervene since Sterling is said to be battling cancer, the New York Post reports.
However, the daily said that while people were predicting the demise of Sterling two years ago, the LA Clippers owner has money for the best medication, although his medicine is being blamed for Sterling's puffy appearance.
The New York Post said a source confirmed that the 80-year-old controversial owner of the Clippers has prostate cancer, which the paper hinted could be something like a karma on Sterling who 10 years ago refused to pay for prostate cancer surgery for Kim Hughes, the assistant team coach.
Instead four Clippers players pooled their money to cover the $70,000 medical bill of Hughes.
While Sterling has stated the team is not for sale, several celebrities have come forward expressing interest in purchasing the LA Clippers. Among them are TV talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper Diddy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’