LA Clippers May Have New Owner Eventually as Donald Sterling Battles Cancer
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 2, 2014 2:42 PM EST
To push for Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sell his team after being banned by the NBA for life over racist comments, a 10-member committee met in a conference on Thursday to discuss how to end Sterling's ownership of the basketball team, NBA Executive Vice President Mike Bass said.
Real estate mogul and Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball team owner Donald Sterling attends the Milken Institute Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California May 1, 2012.
Bass added that the committee unanimously agreed to move forward as fast as possible and would meet again next week, reported ESPN.
However, LA Clippers might eventually have a new owner, whether the NBA succeeds in pressuring Sterling to sell the team or even if the owner decided to battle it out in court.
Nature may intervene since Sterling is said to be battling cancer, the New York Post reports.
However, the daily said that while people were predicting the demise of Sterling two years ago, the LA Clippers owner has money for the best medication, although his medicine is being blamed for Sterling's puffy appearance.
The New York Post said a source confirmed that the 80-year-old controversial owner of the Clippers has prostate cancer, which the paper hinted could be something like a karma on Sterling who 10 years ago refused to pay for prostate cancer surgery for Kim Hughes, the assistant team coach.
Instead four Clippers players pooled their money to cover the $70,000 medical bill of Hughes.
While Sterling has stated the team is not for sale, several celebrities have come forward expressing interest in purchasing the LA Clippers. Among them are TV talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper Diddy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored