Victoria Beckham Turns Down Kim Kardashian’s Request to Design Wedding Gown
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 2, 2014 1:54 PM EST
When Victoria Beckham stopped making music, she delved into the world of fashion and eventually became a designer. Many A-list celebrities have already donned her dresses, and other Hollywood personalities would kill to wear a dress designed by the former Spice Girl. Even reality TV star Kim Kardashian has expressed her desire to have Victoria design her wedding gown, but unfortunately, the British socialite declined the request.
Models present creations from the Victoria Beckham Fall 2014 collection during New York Fashion Week February 9, 2014.
A source told The Daily Star that Kim was so anxious to wear a wedding gown designed by Victoria. However, Victoria isn't the type who would let her name get involved with all the hullaballoos of reality TV stars. She's busy designing clothes for the elite names in the entertainment industry as well as the royals. "Victoria deals with the very A-list of the showbiz world, including royals, and doesn't want to be dragged into the world of reality stars," revealed the source.
Apart from Victoria's excuse of being busy to design Kim's wedding gown, another insider revealed that David Beckham's better half was concerned about "devaluing" her brand, reported Standard.co.uk. In addition, the insider said that Victoria doesn't also design wedding dresses.
In November 2013, The Mirror reported that Kim's future husband Kanye West also wanted Victoria to design the bridesmaids' gowns.
There was a time in Victoria's career when fashion designers urged her to stop wearing their clothes, reported Huffington Post. However, she has worked so hard and uncompromisingly to get her to where she's at right now.
"I like to keep my head down, work hard, focus on what I'm doing business-wise," Victoria said in an interview with Business of Fashion.
"I have always had to work," Victoria added. "Nothing has ever ended on my lap, I'm a go-getter."
"I'm not sitting back and waiting for things to come to me, I will go out and get it."
Victoria first launched her collection in 2009. At that time, Victoria's collection only consisted of dresses. In 2011, she started introducing handbags as well as coats. She had also dressed Gwyneth Patrow and Blake Lively in their red-carpet appearances. Victoria was named Designer of the Year, beating the likes of fashion gurus Tom Ford, Stella McCartney, and Burberry.
Recently, Victoria unveiled her latest collection that features matching dresses for mother and child. This effort is Victoria's way of helping the charity organisation called "Born Free," a private sector working towards putting an end to HIV-transmission from a mother to her children.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season