Celebrities Sport Kim Jong Un Haircut: North Korea Allegedly Orders Students to Follow Leader's Haircut
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 2, 2014 1:37 PM EST
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s hairstyle is a controversial hairstyle. It has been a subject of false reports and myriad of Photoshop manipulations. In a new post by the social news and entertainment Web site Buzzfeed, several Hollywood popular celebrities' hairstyles have been creatively manipulated to follow Kim Jong Un's prized haircut.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un receives applause as he guides the multiple-rocket launching drill of women's sub-units under KPA Unit 851, in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) April 24, 2014.
The photo post starts with Prince Charles and Prince William who, in all seriousness, wears the iconic hair. American rapper 50 Cent came in third, subsequently followed by other popular Hollywood stars like Miley Cyrus, George Clooney, Pharrell Williams, Bruce Willis, Samuel Jackson, Kelly Osbourne, Jimmy Fallon and The Smith Family.
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) May 1, 2014
Moreover, plenty of spreading rumours about the North Korea and Kim Jong Un have something to do with the leader's hair. In a report by Radio Free Asia, the ruling Workers' Party of the country allegedly issued an order early in March 2014 that all male students in the country are required to follow the Supreme Leader's hairstyle which is basically comprised of highly shaved sides and a parted top.
Students, on the other hand, are "disgruntled" by the rule, expressing their concern that the haircut does not suit every face shapes. However, mandatory haircut is said to be an unfounded rumour according to a source, and there are no supporting evidence that Kim Jong Un's hairstyle has been widely followed by the students.
There is a lot of mystery engulfing the North Korean territory which is often pitted against its wealthier neighbour South Korea. While the country and its young leader is often a subject in the world news headline, there are very limited information on the way of life of its citizens.
Tagged as the "hermit kingdom," North Korea is strict when it comes to privacy and have a very tight media censorship. Foreigners cannot easily enter the country and they are under scrutiny when they do. For years, the country have been under the radar of the United Nations for venturing into nuclear weapons and threatening wars.
Kim Jong Un's signature haircut is just one of the subjects spreading in the Internet and considered as joke. However, there are more political and societal issues the country is battling with, and some of those include issues regarding human rights and threats of war.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related