'Noah's' Douglas Booth: 'A Cross Between 'Star Wars' And 'Matrix', Says On 'Jupiter Ascending' Movie
By Tanya Diente | May 2, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Douglas Booth, who starred in "Noah" alongside Emma Watson, and who played Romeo in the 2013 adaptation of "Romeo and Juliet", sat down with InStyle to talk about his upcoming move "Jupiter Ascending". The 21-year old Burbery model dished out about his role as Titus in "Jupiter Ascending" and how it was like working with two famous celebrities, Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
Douglas was asked by InStyle how it was like working with Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum, to which the star said they are the coolest people in the planet, Tatum being the biggest dude. He recalled that while reclining on the hair-and-makeup chair, Tatum would send him links from the internet to check out. Tatum even told him jokingly that he is just a big redneck and not a big star.
Douglas plays the role of Titus in "Jupiter Ascending". His character lives in a whole different universe, which he attributed to be a cross between "Star Wars" and "The Matrix". He belongs to a dynasty or a tycoon, and when his mother passes away, the inheritance was left up for grabs. Mila Kunis happens to be related to his mother in some strange way. In the movie, Douglas said they live on battleships, which he described were like yachts but just in space. Douglas was mum on whether he will be playing a villain or not.
"Jupiter Ascending" is an epic sci-fi adventure created from the minds of Lana and Andy Wachowski, the same creators of "The Matrix". Douglas flew from London, where he lives, to Los Angeles to meet the creators. He admitted that even though he is a huge "Matrix" fan, it was still so nerve racking during the audition. The good thing was, it turned out they were big fans of Dickens, and Booth had just recently finished his work on BBC's "Great Expectations". Also the Royal Wedding was going on in London, so in a way it helped ease the nervousness as they had a lot to talk about afterwards.
"You're going to walk into that room and be that character," he had told himself then during the audition. Booth was set on getting the role of Titus early on since he auditioned for it three years ago.
Watch Trailer for "Jupiter Ascending"
[Video Credit to WarnerBros]
Douglas Booth Interviewed on Movies "Noah" and "Jupiter Ascending"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks