Android 4.4.3 HTC One (M8) Release Leaked, Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 to Follow
By Precious Silva | May 2, 2014 11:40 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 will soon be hitting Nexus and Google Play Edition devices. According to recent information, user should be able to see the roll out of the update starting this May up to June. As previous reports noted, the main goal of the Android 4.4.3 update is to fix bugs and address problems caused previously by the other Android updates.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
According to a report by Android Geeks, the Android 4.4.3 update for HTC One M8 and the One M8 GPE will be out really soon. Despite Sprint taking down the supposed Android 4.4.3 update for Nexus 5, there have been several sighting of the firmware's build number supporting its roll out soon. The report also noted that a recent blog post claims that Google will release the update between May to June.
HTC developer LlabTooFer posted on his blog that the HTC One M8, M7 and M7C update schedule will be around May or June. The Dual-SIM HTC One M7 has also been schedule to receive the Android 4.4.2 update along with the Sense 6.0. The Android 4.4.2 update for the Dual-SIM device will also happen around May or June. It appears HTC will be going all out on its roll outs these two months.
Users of the Dual-SIM HTC One M7 may have to wait for announcements if the device will receive the Android 4.4.3. According to Know Your Mobile, the Android 4.4.3 changelog or some of the fixes are as follows:
- Power Manager display wakelock fix
- Multiple Bluetooth fixes
- Fix for a random reboot
- App shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
- USB debugging security fix
- App shortcuts security fix
- Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
- Other camera fixes
According to reports, Google plans to release the upcoming Android firmware to Nexus devices first. Devices like Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Sony Xperia Z devices should follow some time soon. Users should be on the lookout for notifications starting this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery