Ariana Grande's 'American Idol' Visit: Wears Favourite White Boots, Awkward Fist Bump with Randy Jackson [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | May 2, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ariana Grande is certainly becoming one of Hollywood's brightest young stars in the music business. In hopes of inspiring upcoming singers in the biz, the "Problem" singer appeared on an episode of "American Idol." Wearing her favourite white boots, Grande praised the shows' contestants and experienced an awkward fist bump moment with Randy Jackson.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
After a successful debut of her second single, Grande shows no signs of slowing down. Apart from the busy sessions of recording, the "Problem" singer appeared on "American" Idol along with another singing sensation, Austin Mahone. What exactly did the songstress do on the show?
Wearing her favourite white boots (for the third time), Grande gave her stamp of approval on the current front runner for "Idol," Jena Irene. According to Jena, Grande had praised her for doing a "great job." This isn't the first time Irene had been commended for her performance. On April 16, Demi Lovato also guest starred on the show and stated how she'd "love to sing" with the contestant.
"It's definitely really cool," says Jena in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "Just because they are around my age group. Even though we are all different genres of music, I feel it's cool how they can all compliment me and hopefully I can be a big name like them someday. They are inspirations to me."
The "Sam & Cat" star also showed up on stage right after Sam Woolf's performance. For those who don't know, Woolf admitted to crushing on Grande and it was definitely luck that caused him to share a hug with the actress on stage. Ryan Seacrest tweeted all about it.
Aside from giving compliments to the shows' contestants, Grande had a bit of an awkward moment with one of "Idols" judges, Randy Jackson. Grande appeared backstage with the show hosts' Ryan Seacrest and Randy Jackson. In the hopes of a warm moment with the judge, Grande tried to initiate a fist bump with Jackson but failed. Check out the video below.
Obviously, Grande felt the awkwardness that she posted a hilarious video of the failed fist bump moment on her Vine account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected