Ariana Grande's 'American Idol' Visit: Wears Favourite White Boots, Awkward Fist Bump with Randy Jackson [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | May 2, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ariana Grande is certainly becoming one of Hollywood's brightest young stars in the music business. In hopes of inspiring upcoming singers in the biz, the "Problem" singer appeared on an episode of "American Idol." Wearing her favourite white boots, Grande praised the shows' contestants and experienced an awkward fist bump moment with Randy Jackson.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
After a successful debut of her second single, Grande shows no signs of slowing down. Apart from the busy sessions of recording, the "Problem" singer appeared on "American" Idol along with another singing sensation, Austin Mahone. What exactly did the songstress do on the show?
Wearing her favourite white boots (for the third time), Grande gave her stamp of approval on the current front runner for "Idol," Jena Irene. According to Jena, Grande had praised her for doing a "great job." This isn't the first time Irene had been commended for her performance. On April 16, Demi Lovato also guest starred on the show and stated how she'd "love to sing" with the contestant.
"It's definitely really cool," says Jena in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "Just because they are around my age group. Even though we are all different genres of music, I feel it's cool how they can all compliment me and hopefully I can be a big name like them someday. They are inspirations to me."
The "Sam & Cat" star also showed up on stage right after Sam Woolf's performance. For those who don't know, Woolf admitted to crushing on Grande and it was definitely luck that caused him to share a hug with the actress on stage. Ryan Seacrest tweeted all about it.
Aside from giving compliments to the shows' contestants, Grande had a bit of an awkward moment with one of "Idols" judges, Randy Jackson. Grande appeared backstage with the show hosts' Ryan Seacrest and Randy Jackson. In the hopes of a warm moment with the judge, Grande tried to initiate a fist bump with Jackson but failed. Check out the video below.
Obviously, Grande felt the awkwardness that she posted a hilarious video of the failed fist bump moment on her Vine account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions