Ariana Grande's 'American Idol' Visit: Wears Favourite White Boots, Awkward Fist Bump with Randy Jackson [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | May 2, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ariana Grande is certainly becoming one of Hollywood's brightest young stars in the music business. In hopes of inspiring upcoming singers in the biz, the "Problem" singer appeared on an episode of "American Idol." Wearing her favourite white boots, Grande praised the shows' contestants and experienced an awkward fist bump moment with Randy Jackson.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
After a successful debut of her second single, Grande shows no signs of slowing down. Apart from the busy sessions of recording, the "Problem" singer appeared on "American" Idol along with another singing sensation, Austin Mahone. What exactly did the songstress do on the show?
Wearing her favourite white boots (for the third time), Grande gave her stamp of approval on the current front runner for "Idol," Jena Irene. According to Jena, Grande had praised her for doing a "great job." This isn't the first time Irene had been commended for her performance. On April 16, Demi Lovato also guest starred on the show and stated how she'd "love to sing" with the contestant.
"It's definitely really cool," says Jena in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "Just because they are around my age group. Even though we are all different genres of music, I feel it's cool how they can all compliment me and hopefully I can be a big name like them someday. They are inspirations to me."
The "Sam & Cat" star also showed up on stage right after Sam Woolf's performance. For those who don't know, Woolf admitted to crushing on Grande and it was definitely luck that caused him to share a hug with the actress on stage. Ryan Seacrest tweeted all about it.
Aside from giving compliments to the shows' contestants, Grande had a bit of an awkward moment with one of "Idols" judges, Randy Jackson. Grande appeared backstage with the show hosts' Ryan Seacrest and Randy Jackson. In the hopes of a warm moment with the judge, Grande tried to initiate a fist bump with Jackson but failed. Check out the video below.
Obviously, Grande felt the awkwardness that she posted a hilarious video of the failed fist bump moment on her Vine account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports