Ariana Grande's 'American Idol' Visit: Wears Favourite White Boots, Awkward Fist Bump with Randy Jackson [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | May 2, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ariana Grande is certainly becoming one of Hollywood's brightest young stars in the music business. In hopes of inspiring upcoming singers in the biz, the "Problem" singer appeared on an episode of "American Idol." Wearing her favourite white boots, Grande praised the shows' contestants and experienced an awkward fist bump moment with Randy Jackson.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
After a successful debut of her second single, Grande shows no signs of slowing down. Apart from the busy sessions of recording, the "Problem" singer appeared on "American" Idol along with another singing sensation, Austin Mahone. What exactly did the songstress do on the show?
Wearing her favourite white boots (for the third time), Grande gave her stamp of approval on the current front runner for "Idol," Jena Irene. According to Jena, Grande had praised her for doing a "great job." This isn't the first time Irene had been commended for her performance. On April 16, Demi Lovato also guest starred on the show and stated how she'd "love to sing" with the contestant.
"It's definitely really cool," says Jena in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "Just because they are around my age group. Even though we are all different genres of music, I feel it's cool how they can all compliment me and hopefully I can be a big name like them someday. They are inspirations to me."
The "Sam & Cat" star also showed up on stage right after Sam Woolf's performance. For those who don't know, Woolf admitted to crushing on Grande and it was definitely luck that caused him to share a hug with the actress on stage. Ryan Seacrest tweeted all about it.
Aside from giving compliments to the shows' contestants, Grande had a bit of an awkward moment with one of "Idols" judges, Randy Jackson. Grande appeared backstage with the show hosts' Ryan Seacrest and Randy Jackson. In the hopes of a warm moment with the judge, Grande tried to initiate a fist bump with Jackson but failed. Check out the video below.
Obviously, Grande felt the awkwardness that she posted a hilarious video of the failed fist bump moment on her Vine account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown