Taylor Swift and John Mayer Back Together, Humiliating 'Dear John' Song Forgotten?
By Annie Dee | May 2, 2014 11:10 AM EST
News has been circulating that Taylor Swift and John Mayer are back together. If the reports are true, this will be a first for Taylor Swift. After all, she's the girl who sings about not getting back together. The news sound incredible too considering the "Red" singer has allegedly wrote a humiliating song about John Mayer, entitled "Dear John." For them to reunite must mean that they love each other very much, the John in "Dear John" was not John Mayer and Taylor Swift is not averse to getting back together as long as the guy is worth it.
REUTERS/ Robert Galbriath
Taylor Swift presents the Vocal Duo of the Year Award on stage at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014. REUTERS/ Robert Galbriath
There are many rumors and speculations as to why the power couple broke up in the first place. One of the rumors was that even though they slept together, this did not stop John Mayer from breaking Swift's heart. Another rumor is that John is reportedly a Lothario who cannot settle with just one girl. Taylor Swift thought she can change him but reality prevails: "no one can change anyone overnight and if the person does not want to be changed."
When Mayer and Swift broke up, John was not too nice and honest about his role in the breakup. He certainly refused to take responsibility for breaking the country pop crooner's heart. When "Dear John" came out, he even had the audacity to say the song cannot be about him because the song is humiliating.
Now that there's news of their reconciliation, maybe John Mayer was saying the truth. He cannot be the guy that Taylor Swift wrote a humiliating song about or else, why would they be going back to each other's arms? Taylor Swift for one is against toxic relationships. She issued an ultimatum to Selena Gomez when she heard her BFF was going back to Justin Bieber, the epitome of a guy that has commitment issues. Their friendship was ruined because Selena Gomez did not heed her advice and throw her ultimatum back into her face. For Taylor Swift to do the same and go back to a guy that she wrote a humiliating song about seems too incredible to be true. Not for someone as level-headed as Taylor Swift.
Whether or not they are truly reuniting, Taylor Swift does deserve the happiness she is seeking. Her recent relationships did not pan out as she hoped, but could John Mayer indeed be her destiny?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch