Taylor Swift and John Mayer Back Together, Humiliating 'Dear John' Song Forgotten?
By Annie Dee | May 2, 2014 11:10 AM EST
News has been circulating that Taylor Swift and John Mayer are back together. If the reports are true, this will be a first for Taylor Swift. After all, she's the girl who sings about not getting back together. The news sound incredible too considering the "Red" singer has allegedly wrote a humiliating song about John Mayer, entitled "Dear John." For them to reunite must mean that they love each other very much, the John in "Dear John" was not John Mayer and Taylor Swift is not averse to getting back together as long as the guy is worth it.
REUTERS/ Robert Galbriath
Taylor Swift presents the Vocal Duo of the Year Award on stage at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014. REUTERS/ Robert Galbriath
There are many rumors and speculations as to why the power couple broke up in the first place. One of the rumors was that even though they slept together, this did not stop John Mayer from breaking Swift's heart. Another rumor is that John is reportedly a Lothario who cannot settle with just one girl. Taylor Swift thought she can change him but reality prevails: "no one can change anyone overnight and if the person does not want to be changed."
When Mayer and Swift broke up, John was not too nice and honest about his role in the breakup. He certainly refused to take responsibility for breaking the country pop crooner's heart. When "Dear John" came out, he even had the audacity to say the song cannot be about him because the song is humiliating.
Now that there's news of their reconciliation, maybe John Mayer was saying the truth. He cannot be the guy that Taylor Swift wrote a humiliating song about or else, why would they be going back to each other's arms? Taylor Swift for one is against toxic relationships. She issued an ultimatum to Selena Gomez when she heard her BFF was going back to Justin Bieber, the epitome of a guy that has commitment issues. Their friendship was ruined because Selena Gomez did not heed her advice and throw her ultimatum back into her face. For Taylor Swift to do the same and go back to a guy that she wrote a humiliating song about seems too incredible to be true. Not for someone as level-headed as Taylor Swift.
Whether or not they are truly reuniting, Taylor Swift does deserve the happiness she is seeking. Her recent relationships did not pan out as she hoped, but could John Mayer indeed be her destiny?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch