Peaches Geldof Death: History Repeats Itself
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 2, 2014 10:41 AM EST
History repeats itself after 14 years for British TV presenter, writer, and socialite Peaches Geldof after coroner report revealed of that her death last April 7 was due to heroin overdose. She was just 11 years old when her mother, British television personality Paula Yates died in 2000 at the age of 41 for the same reason.
During the 10-minute inquest about the 25-year old mom's death on Thursday, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate stated that the toxicology results showed the young-mom-of-two had recently used the said drug and the levels indicated in the report most likely contributed to her death.
The toxicology report came as an offshoot after the inconclusive findings of the post-mortem examination which was conducted two days after the young actress' death.
Kent Police still have to probe further into the drug supply surrounding Geldof's demise. According to an article from The Independent, Kent spokesperson stated: "Kent Police can confirm an ongoing investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death of Peaches Geldof."
During the inquest, Fotheringham mentioned that when Geldof's second husband Thomas Cohen located her in the spare bedroom, the young model was already dead.
"She was located on the edge of the bed with one leg hanging down to the floor and the other leg tucked underneath her. She was slumped across the bed," Fotheringham said.
Geldof was the second daughter of Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof and Paula Yates. She has an older sister, Fifi Trixibelle. She also has a half-sister on her mother's side, Heavenly Hiraani.
She has two sons with her second husband Tom Cohen, the singer of the disbanded group S.C.U.M. The two got married two years ago at St Mary Madgalene and St Lawrence Church in Davington, Kent said that it was the very same church where her parents got married.
It was also the same church where the funeral of Geldof and Yates took place.
What an ironic repeat of history indeed!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery