Peaches Geldof Death: History Repeats Itself
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 2, 2014 10:41 AM EST
History repeats itself after 14 years for British TV presenter, writer, and socialite Peaches Geldof after coroner report revealed of that her death last April 7 was due to heroin overdose. She was just 11 years old when her mother, British television personality Paula Yates died in 2000 at the age of 41 for the same reason.
During the 10-minute inquest about the 25-year old mom's death on Thursday, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate stated that the toxicology results showed the young-mom-of-two had recently used the said drug and the levels indicated in the report most likely contributed to her death.
The toxicology report came as an offshoot after the inconclusive findings of the post-mortem examination which was conducted two days after the young actress' death.
Kent Police still have to probe further into the drug supply surrounding Geldof's demise. According to an article from The Independent, Kent spokesperson stated: "Kent Police can confirm an ongoing investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death of Peaches Geldof."
During the inquest, Fotheringham mentioned that when Geldof's second husband Thomas Cohen located her in the spare bedroom, the young model was already dead.
"She was located on the edge of the bed with one leg hanging down to the floor and the other leg tucked underneath her. She was slumped across the bed," Fotheringham said.
Geldof was the second daughter of Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof and Paula Yates. She has an older sister, Fifi Trixibelle. She also has a half-sister on her mother's side, Heavenly Hiraani.
She has two sons with her second husband Tom Cohen, the singer of the disbanded group S.C.U.M. The two got married two years ago at St Mary Madgalene and St Lawrence Church in Davington, Kent said that it was the very same church where her parents got married.
It was also the same church where the funeral of Geldof and Yates took place.
What an ironic repeat of history indeed!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine