Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Threatens to Quit Show, Teases About Cliffhanger Ending Involving Character Damon Salvatore
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 2, 2014 10:21 AM EST
Actor Ian Somerhalder sat down for an interview to talk about what will go down in the remaining episodes of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5. The 35-year-old heartthrob actor teased about the cliffhanger ending of the CW TV series involving his character Damon Salvatore as well as his death scene being dope.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'The Originals' Episode 20 'A Closer Walk with Thee' Recap/Spoilers: Mikael Wants To Come Back Again From The Dead with Davina’s Help
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 20 Recap/Spoilers: Meet ‘The Godfather’ Families with Fangs in the Spinoff Series ‘Bloodlines’
Ian Somerhalder shared in the E!Online Watch With Kristin interview that what will happen in the Season 5 finale is not what the fans are expecting and it is really going to throw them. Ian teased that it will definitely involve Damon in a very cool way with Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham).
"I'm actually excited to see what happens. Stuff you just didn't see. It is definitely a cliffhanger," the TVD star revealed. According to the Entertainmentwise.com report, Ian Somerhalder even described his character's death to be "the dopest thing."
Could this mean that the bad boy Salvatore vampire's end is near? "When Damon dies it's the dopest thing," Ian stated.
TVD executive producer Caroline Dries recently shared that Ian Somerhalder did threatened to quit the show. Ms Dries recounted the conversation she had with the actor one day where Ian pulled her aside and declared that if the kill Enzo he is going to quit.
Enzo (Michael Malarkey) did die in Episode 19 titled "Man on Fire" where he made it look like it was Damon's brother, Stefan (Paul Wesley), who killed him. However, Caroline Dries explained that the TVD team purposefully had the character appear in the end of the episode as a ghost because his story in the show is not yet over.
"He is going to become a ghost villain moving forward. We'll see him all the way through to the finale as the bad guy," the executive producer teased. As for Damon and Elena's relationship, MStars News reports Ian Somerhalder responded to some fan questions via Instagram.
One unnamed fan asked where the Delena couple is headed before "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 wraps up. Actor Ian Somerhalder responded that he does not honestly know since the characters have already gone through a lot in the past seasons.
Ian further pointed out the age difference between Damon and Elena is a problem of "cradle robbing" in the relationship. The actor even gave advice to his character by stating that Damon should date someone his own age.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 airs Thursday nights at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Damon is Not Happy with Luke's Locator Spell for Enzo in Episode 20 'What Lies Beneath' Promo Video, Stefan Wants Damon to Drop It [WATCH] - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Reveals a Girl Recently Turned Him Down - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 3 More Major Deaths to Happen, Is Bonnie the Anchor to the Other Side One of Them? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales