OnePlus One: China Rolls Out a Full HD Phone
By Naveena Joy | May 2, 2014 6:53 AM EST
With the growing competition, China has once again slammed back by launching one of the most sought after full HD phone: OnePlus One.
The new Chinese technology start-up firm has launched an affordable high-end phablet dubbed as OnePlus One.
The handset's striking feature the CyanogenMod 11S version based on Android 4.4 KitKat, which shows it is going to tap some of the smartphone categories like Nexus. It will definitely challenge the smartphone makers with its low cost and features offered in smartphones like Samsung and HTC.
The device will be even cheaper than any customer can expect, retailing for either $299/€269 (16 GB version) or $349/€299 (64 GB version) and will be available very soon. The mobile connectivity should support most GSM/LTE networks, including T-Mobile and AT&T in the U.S., but no CDMA 3G or Verizon/Sprint LTE.
Let's now take a look at the specs in this device:
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5 GHz quad-core, Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB LP-DDR3
- Storage: 16 GB / 64 GB
- Screen: 5.5-inch JDI (IPS LCD) 1080p resolution with Gorilla Glass 3
- Camera: 13 MP Sony Exmor sensor (f/2.0, flash, and 4K video), front-facing 5MP
- Battery: 3100 mAh (nonremovable)
- Weight: 162 grams
- Size: 152.9 mm x 75.9 mm x 8.9 mm
- Sound: Bottom-mounted stereo speakers
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS/GLONASS
- Mobile connectivity: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz - WCDMA bands: 1/2/4/5/8 - LTE bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40
OnePlus One, does not have sharp edges, it is slightly curved, which is comfortable in carrying it all day. The power button is on the right side and the volume keys are located on the left. The silver plastic is coated with the glass screen cover in the front. But this plastic is visible on the sides as the glass is not covered entirely.
The design of OnePlus One is similar to what we had seen in recent years in Oppo devices, but the layout and the placement of the volume jack differ. It also has the Cyanogen logo visible at the back of the phone. The display is clear, bright and vibrant as the buttons on the front of the device appear as menu button. You can turn off these buttons entirely, which will make the software buttons appear. The custom build of CyanogenMod 11 includes an option to enable onscreen navigation buttons.
The new build of CyanogenMod also has the features you expect, including theme control, SMS encryption, permission control, and other customization options. It has Google services built-in and an updated CM camera and Gallery apps. The device is designed to be open, so you'll be able to flash other ROMs and builds of CM to it.
The first 100 OnePlus One will be available starting April 25 at the company's smash promotion. Initially, the phone will come in two options, including silk white and sandstone black.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smart Pen Revealed As Gear Blink Gets Possible March 2015 Launch Date
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica