OnePlus One: China Rolls Out a Full HD Phone
By Naveena Joy | May 2, 2014 6:53 AM EST
With the growing competition, China has once again slammed back by launching one of the most sought after full HD phone: OnePlus One.
The new Chinese technology start-up firm has launched an affordable high-end phablet dubbed as OnePlus One.
The handset's striking feature the CyanogenMod 11S version based on Android 4.4 KitKat, which shows it is going to tap some of the smartphone categories like Nexus. It will definitely challenge the smartphone makers with its low cost and features offered in smartphones like Samsung and HTC.
The device will be even cheaper than any customer can expect, retailing for either $299/€269 (16 GB version) or $349/€299 (64 GB version) and will be available very soon. The mobile connectivity should support most GSM/LTE networks, including T-Mobile and AT&T in the U.S., but no CDMA 3G or Verizon/Sprint LTE.
Let's now take a look at the specs in this device:
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5 GHz quad-core, Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB LP-DDR3
- Storage: 16 GB / 64 GB
- Screen: 5.5-inch JDI (IPS LCD) 1080p resolution with Gorilla Glass 3
- Camera: 13 MP Sony Exmor sensor (f/2.0, flash, and 4K video), front-facing 5MP
- Battery: 3100 mAh (nonremovable)
- Weight: 162 grams
- Size: 152.9 mm x 75.9 mm x 8.9 mm
- Sound: Bottom-mounted stereo speakers
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS/GLONASS
- Mobile connectivity: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz - WCDMA bands: 1/2/4/5/8 - LTE bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40
OnePlus One, does not have sharp edges, it is slightly curved, which is comfortable in carrying it all day. The power button is on the right side and the volume keys are located on the left. The silver plastic is coated with the glass screen cover in the front. But this plastic is visible on the sides as the glass is not covered entirely.
The design of OnePlus One is similar to what we had seen in recent years in Oppo devices, but the layout and the placement of the volume jack differ. It also has the Cyanogen logo visible at the back of the phone. The display is clear, bright and vibrant as the buttons on the front of the device appear as menu button. You can turn off these buttons entirely, which will make the software buttons appear. The custom build of CyanogenMod 11 includes an option to enable onscreen navigation buttons.
The new build of CyanogenMod also has the features you expect, including theme control, SMS encryption, permission control, and other customization options. It has Google services built-in and an updated CM camera and Gallery apps. The device is designed to be open, so you'll be able to flash other ROMs and builds of CM to it.
The first 100 OnePlus One will be available starting April 25 at the company's smash promotion. Initially, the phone will come in two options, including silk white and sandstone black.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0