NBA Playoffs Betting: Hawks, Clippers, Grizzlies Aim to Close Out Series while Pacers, Warriors, Thunder Look to Extend It
By James Patrick Quizon | May 2, 2014 12:06 AM EST
Three teams—the Indiana Pacers, Golden State Warriors and the Oklahoma City Thunder are in danger of getting the boot on Thursday night when they face the Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies, respectively.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Curiously, two of those three teams facing elimination are top seeds—Indiana is No. 1 in the East while Oklahoma City is No. 2 in the West.
What’s going on in this postseason? Why do the underdogs have the extra bite to take out the favourites? Is this a case of parity in the NBA playing out? A case of overconfidence by erstwhile title contenders? Or just a case of sports being sports.
Whatever the reason is, these teams’ backs are already against the wall and the ‘dogs are waiting to pounce and send them to oblivion.
Which teams are the good bets in Game 6?
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (+1) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 186.5)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- The Pacers are 17-37-1 ATS in their last 55 games
- The Pacers are 3-13 ATS in their last 13 games vs. teams with a winning home record
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- The Hawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Hawks are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Hawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS win
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-2.5) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (O/U: 184.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Thunder are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in this series
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (-1.5) vs. Golden State Warriors (O/U: 209.5)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEDT
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Clippers are 2-3 ATS in this series
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Warriors are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Warriors are 3-2 ATS in this series
Predictions: Indiana and Golden State extends the series (thus covers the spread), Memphis ends Westbrook’s chucking and changes Durant’s legacy.
To contact the editor, e-mail: