Bradley Cooper Gains 40 Pounds? Actor to Play a Navy Seal in ‘American Sniper’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 1, 2014 11:42 PM EST
Bradley Cooper, the "American Hustle" actor, may have recently gained weight. But he is still as fit as before even with his 40 pounds added weight.
Bradley Cooper arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014.
Apparently, a new report said the weight gain is for the upcoming Clint Eastwood's movie "American Sniper," wherein the 39-year-old actor is playing the role of a Navy Seal named Chris Kyle.
"He put on like 40 pounds," Eric Close, Cooper's co-star in the movie playing a defense intelligence agent, shared to E! Online. Close also told the Web site that Cooper has been working hard.
"He looks great," Close said pertaining to Cooper. "He's really taken on this character...He really takes this story personally and wants to do an honorable job for Chris' memory and for his family."
The American Sniper movie is based on the real life story of Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle, a Navy Seal who according to his written autobiography was the "most lethal sniper" in the history of American military.
Kyle, apparently, held the U.S. record with 160 "confirmed" kills out of all the 250 "claimed" kills.
"American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History" was Kyle's autobiography written with the help of Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice which had nearly four thousand reviews on Amazon with an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars rating given by the reviewers.
Kyle has also written another book titled, "American Gun: A History of the U.S. in Ten Fire Arms" with writer William Doyle.
Considered to be a no.1 New York Times Best-Selling book, Kyle's autobiography has gained a reputation that apparently could be given justice by Bradley Cooper as he was chosen for the lead role.
The autobiography has also caught the filmmakers' attention. The Web still lists Steven Spielberg as the director of the movie, as of press time. Type American Sniper on the Google search engine and Spielberg's name will appear as the listed director of the movie.
According to an article on contactmusic.com, initially there have been rumors Spielberg and David O. Russell were interested in directing the movie. But the two-time Oscar-winning Director Clint Eastwood has gotten the job to direct with Bradley Cooper as the lead character.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More