Kurt Cobain’s Handwritten Note Before Suicide Mocks Courtney Love
By Anne Lu | May 1, 2014 11:39 PM EST
Kurt Cobain called his wife Courtney Love a “bi*** with zits” before he died in 1994. A note inside the Nirvana frontman’s wallet reveals what he really thought of the Hole singer.
The handwritten note was discovered at the time of his death, but was kept secret by the police until now.
According to the CBS News, police discovered the note from his wallet and had logged it into evidence days after he committed suicide in his home in Seattle on April 8, 1994. The Seattle Police Department kept the note from public knowledge.
The police released the note following revelation that the department decided to review internal files regarding his death. The SPD has also released dozens of never-before-seen police photos from the scene where Cobain was found dead.
The note, written on stationery from the Phoenix Hotel in San Francisco, was not dated, and begins with standard Christian wedding vow, but quickly turns into a disparagement of Love.
“Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife even when she’s a bi*** with zits and siphoning all yr money for doping and whoring…” the note reads.
The content of the note differs from the sentiment of another note, presumed to be his suicide letter, which calls Love a “goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy.”
Both notes have similar handwriting.
The SPD has reviewed Cobain’s case in anticipation of his 20th death anniversary.
“We knew with the 20th anniversary coming up and we knew there was going to be a lot of media interest,” SPD Cold Case Detective Mike Ciesynski said in a statement.
“Sometimes people believe what they read – some of the disinformation from some of the books, that this was a conspiracy. That’s completely inaccurate. It’s a suicide. This is a closed case.”
Cobain’s death was ruled a suicide by shotgun wound in his head. He was also believed to have taken a lethal dose of heroin before inflicting the wound.
He had a daughter with Love named Frances Bean Cobain, who was born in 1992.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate