Kurt Cobain’s Handwritten Note Before Suicide Mocks Courtney Love
By Anne Lu | May 1, 2014 11:39 PM EST
Kurt Cobain called his wife Courtney Love a “bi*** with zits” before he died in 1994. A note inside the Nirvana frontman’s wallet reveals what he really thought of the Hole singer.
The handwritten note was discovered at the time of his death, but was kept secret by the police until now.
According to the CBS News, police discovered the note from his wallet and had logged it into evidence days after he committed suicide in his home in Seattle on April 8, 1994. The Seattle Police Department kept the note from public knowledge.
The police released the note following revelation that the department decided to review internal files regarding his death. The SPD has also released dozens of never-before-seen police photos from the scene where Cobain was found dead.
The note, written on stationery from the Phoenix Hotel in San Francisco, was not dated, and begins with standard Christian wedding vow, but quickly turns into a disparagement of Love.
“Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife even when she’s a bi*** with zits and siphoning all yr money for doping and whoring…” the note reads.
The content of the note differs from the sentiment of another note, presumed to be his suicide letter, which calls Love a “goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy.”
Both notes have similar handwriting.
The SPD has reviewed Cobain’s case in anticipation of his 20th death anniversary.
“We knew with the 20th anniversary coming up and we knew there was going to be a lot of media interest,” SPD Cold Case Detective Mike Ciesynski said in a statement.
“Sometimes people believe what they read – some of the disinformation from some of the books, that this was a conspiracy. That’s completely inaccurate. It’s a suicide. This is a closed case.”
Cobain’s death was ruled a suicide by shotgun wound in his head. He was also believed to have taken a lethal dose of heroin before inflicting the wound.
He had a daughter with Love named Frances Bean Cobain, who was born in 1992.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown