Nexus 6 Release Bendable/3 Sided Display Revealed: Release Date and Top Features
By Precious Silva | May 1, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Following Google's release of the Nexus 5, the market has been on the lookout for the next Nexus release. According to recent information, the internet giant may be gearing up for a Nexus 6 release soon. As opposed to previous reports, the hype over the Nexus 6 release is not just based on rumors. This time, a leaked render suggests that Google will be releasing the device featuring a three-sided and bendable display. What can people expect?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Google's Nexus program is best known for offering premium features at competitive price. This has been the ticket of Nexus devices especially the Nexus 7 to success. This is also the reason why people anticipate product releases from the company. However, increasing competition of smartphones forces manufacturers like Google to think out of the box.
According to a report by Truth Dive, Google has to find a way to lure people to the device but also outperform devices like the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet and the Galaxy Note 4. In line with this, the report suggests that Google plans on including 3-sided display to the Nexus 6. The display is also bendable for added point of interest and functionality. If Google can pull of this off then it will be a point of differentiation for the company. The device may stand out than existing products.
Google has to work hard on marketing the new device as it may not be long before the three-sided display finds its way to competitors. There have been reports saying that Samsung has also been experimenting on brining a 3-sided viewing option to its upcoming Galaxy Note 4. The device will likely hit stores around September.
In line with the release of the Nexus 6, there are also talks that Google will be following the design format of the LG G3 for the device. According to a report by NDTV, Google plans to base the build of the Nexus 6 to the G3 including a 5.5-inch screen in the process.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast