Galaxy S5 Accounts For Nearly 1% of Android Handsets
By Naveena Joy | May 1, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is creating its edge to become the next big thing in the Android market. While the competition is intense, Galaxy S5 makes up 0.7 percent of the very active Android smartphone in the world within a week of its release.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like the others, HTC confirmed it will never compete against Samsung. The New York Times recently compared these two leading smartphones against each other so that it would be clear which one should be called the best handset in the Android category.
"Although it offers no spectacular advances over the previous version, Samsung seems to have done just enough with the S5 to stay ahead of every other Android phone maker," Farhad Manjoo, New York Times columnist, wrote.
"The only plausible competition comes in the form of the HTC One, which is prettier than the S5 but not as functional. The upshot of all these reviews is that if you're looking for the best Android phone, Samsung's is the one to buy."
In the previous week, Galaxy S5 accounted for 64 percent of the sales in U.S. and 23 percent in Europe, while everyone else took the remaining 13 percent.
It was clearly visible that the numbers were more toward the American market but this was because the phone still hasn't been released in many of the European countries, the Localytics cited.
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is the best smartphone with a large screen that money can buy right now, this may continue for few months.
Once Apple launches its larger versions, will Samsung be able to keep its place at the top?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools