Galaxy S5 Accounts For Nearly 1% of Android Handsets
By Naveena Joy | May 1, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is creating its edge to become the next big thing in the Android market. While the competition is intense, Galaxy S5 makes up 0.7 percent of the very active Android smartphone in the world within a week of its release.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like the others, HTC confirmed it will never compete against Samsung. The New York Times recently compared these two leading smartphones against each other so that it would be clear which one should be called the best handset in the Android category.
"Although it offers no spectacular advances over the previous version, Samsung seems to have done just enough with the S5 to stay ahead of every other Android phone maker," Farhad Manjoo, New York Times columnist, wrote.
"The only plausible competition comes in the form of the HTC One, which is prettier than the S5 but not as functional. The upshot of all these reviews is that if you're looking for the best Android phone, Samsung's is the one to buy."
In the previous week, Galaxy S5 accounted for 64 percent of the sales in U.S. and 23 percent in Europe, while everyone else took the remaining 13 percent.
It was clearly visible that the numbers were more toward the American market but this was because the phone still hasn't been released in many of the European countries, the Localytics cited.
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is the best smartphone with a large screen that money can buy right now, this may continue for few months.
Once Apple launches its larger versions, will Samsung be able to keep its place at the top?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change