Galaxy S5 Accounts For Nearly 1% of Android Handsets
By Naveena Joy | May 1, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is creating its edge to become the next big thing in the Android market. While the competition is intense, Galaxy S5 makes up 0.7 percent of the very active Android smartphone in the world within a week of its release.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like the others, HTC confirmed it will never compete against Samsung. The New York Times recently compared these two leading smartphones against each other so that it would be clear which one should be called the best handset in the Android category.
"Although it offers no spectacular advances over the previous version, Samsung seems to have done just enough with the S5 to stay ahead of every other Android phone maker," Farhad Manjoo, New York Times columnist, wrote.
"The only plausible competition comes in the form of the HTC One, which is prettier than the S5 but not as functional. The upshot of all these reviews is that if you're looking for the best Android phone, Samsung's is the one to buy."
In the previous week, Galaxy S5 accounted for 64 percent of the sales in U.S. and 23 percent in Europe, while everyone else took the remaining 13 percent.
It was clearly visible that the numbers were more toward the American market but this was because the phone still hasn't been released in many of the European countries, the Localytics cited.
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is the best smartphone with a large screen that money can buy right now, this may continue for few months.
Once Apple launches its larger versions, will Samsung be able to keep its place at the top?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June