Galaxy S5 Accounts For Nearly 1% of Android Handsets
By Naveena Joy | May 1, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is creating its edge to become the next big thing in the Android market. While the competition is intense, Galaxy S5 makes up 0.7 percent of the very active Android smartphone in the world within a week of its release.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like the others, HTC confirmed it will never compete against Samsung. The New York Times recently compared these two leading smartphones against each other so that it would be clear which one should be called the best handset in the Android category.
"Although it offers no spectacular advances over the previous version, Samsung seems to have done just enough with the S5 to stay ahead of every other Android phone maker," Farhad Manjoo, New York Times columnist, wrote.
"The only plausible competition comes in the form of the HTC One, which is prettier than the S5 but not as functional. The upshot of all these reviews is that if you're looking for the best Android phone, Samsung's is the one to buy."
In the previous week, Galaxy S5 accounted for 64 percent of the sales in U.S. and 23 percent in Europe, while everyone else took the remaining 13 percent.
It was clearly visible that the numbers were more toward the American market but this was because the phone still hasn't been released in many of the European countries, the Localytics cited.
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is the best smartphone with a large screen that money can buy right now, this may continue for few months.
Once Apple launches its larger versions, will Samsung be able to keep its place at the top?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy