Galaxy S5 Accounts For Nearly 1% of Android Handsets
By Naveena Joy | May 1, 2014 9:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is creating its edge to become the next big thing in the Android market. While the competition is intense, Galaxy S5 makes up 0.7 percent of the very active Android smartphone in the world within a week of its release.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like the others, HTC confirmed it will never compete against Samsung. The New York Times recently compared these two leading smartphones against each other so that it would be clear which one should be called the best handset in the Android category.
"Although it offers no spectacular advances over the previous version, Samsung seems to have done just enough with the S5 to stay ahead of every other Android phone maker," Farhad Manjoo, New York Times columnist, wrote.
"The only plausible competition comes in the form of the HTC One, which is prettier than the S5 but not as functional. The upshot of all these reviews is that if you're looking for the best Android phone, Samsung's is the one to buy."
In the previous week, Galaxy S5 accounted for 64 percent of the sales in U.S. and 23 percent in Europe, while everyone else took the remaining 13 percent.
It was clearly visible that the numbers were more toward the American market but this was because the phone still hasn't been released in many of the European countries, the Localytics cited.
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is the best smartphone with a large screen that money can buy right now, this may continue for few months.
Once Apple launches its larger versions, will Samsung be able to keep its place at the top?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best