'Anamika' ('Anaamika') Review Roundup: One-Time Watch
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 1, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Nayanthara-Sekhar Kammula's "Anamika" ("Anaamika") has fetched decent reviews from critics.
"Anamika" adapted from the hit Hindi film "Kahaani" has Nayanthara appearing in the role of a woman from the U.S., who comes to India in search of her husband.
Anamika (Facebook/Sekhar Kammula)
The film begins with a bomb blast in Hyderabad that kills the life of several innocent civilians. Anamika (Nayanthara) comes in search of her missing husband Ajay Sastri (Harshavardhan Rane), a software engineer.
Anamika files a complaint at the local police station and tries to find her husband's location. She takes help from a local policeman Sarathi (Vaibhav Reddy), who aids her in searching for her missing husband. But soon the case becomes complicated with the involvement of big forces.
What happened to Ajay Sastri? How Anamika solves the mystery surrounding his disappearance forms the crux of the story.
Besides Nayanthara and Vaibhav, there are several other actors in "Anamika" including Pasupathy (officer Khan) and Naresh (Home Minister).
Critics have appreciated Nayanthara's performance, citing that she pulled off the role convincingly. "Nayanathara is simple and effective as Anaamika. She has portrayed various emotions convincingly. She has pulled off two extremely contrasting emotions of fear and revenge quite well. Vaibhav is good as the sympathetic police inspector. Harshavardhan Rane has a brief role and he has done well," says 123telugu.
"Pasupathy and Naresh do their bit in small, but important roles. The galaxy hotel manager is funny at times."
Besides Nayanthara's performance, film's story, background scores and the second half are the major highlights, according to critics.
They have also appreciated director Sekhar Kammula for giving out an engaging thriller film. Telugu Mirchi says, "In all fairness to Kammula, he manages to dish out an entertaining and engaging thriller film without tweaking the original beyond pale."
While the first half seems to go at a leisurely pace despite giving an indication of some danger to Anamika's life, it is only in the second half that the film really becomes racy," the website stated.
On the flip side, "Anamika" has several loopholes and defies logic in some portions, says Gulte. "Nayantara tries hard to save the film and yes, she is partly successful. Pre-climax portions are good. Despite missing some logic, the film is a one-time watch. The film might connect to people who haven't watched original 'Kahaani'," according to the website.
Verdict: One Time Watch
Image credit: Facebook/Sekhar Kammula
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid