'The Originals' Episode 20 'A Closer Walk with Thee' Recap/Spoilers: Mikael Wants To Come Back Again From The Dead with Davina’s Help
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 1, 2014 7:53 PM EST
It is time to say goodbye to Father Kieran (Todd Stashwick) in "The Originals" Episode 20 titled "A Closer Walk with Thee." One character left the CW spinoff series but it appears one will return to continue tormenting the Original hyrid Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Originals" Episode 20 titled "A Closer Walk with Thee." The episode begins on a mournful tone with Father Kieran's memorial service as the New Orleans residents pay their respects.
Klaus finally arrived to see Father Kieran one last time but a baby showed up inside the coffin. Then, someone stabbed the Original hybrid from the back and Klaus turned around shocked to see that the person was his vampire hunter father, Mikael (Sebastian Roché). It turns out the funeral scene was a part of Klau's nightmare.
Monique (Yasmine Al Bustami) sounded uncaring when it came to remembering Father Kieran. Genevieve (Elyse Levesque) pointed out that witches should show respect when a member of the community dies.
Monique snapped that it is only Genevieve's way to see again Klaus. The resurrected witch explained the Mikaelsons need to trust her in order for her to fulfill what the Ancestors want her to do: kill Klaus' hybrid child.
Klaus reflected on his dream about his father and it made him realize the responsibility that he will have when Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) gives birth to their child. Klaus' daddy issues also made him remember his father status to Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) through flashback scenes.
Cami (Leah Pipes) was grieving when Francesca Correa (Peta Sergeant) approached her, introduced herself as the representative of the human faction when Father Kieran got hexed and inquired about the priest's key. Cami got upset, told Francesca that the key is missing and stormed away.
Klaus finds out that his brother, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) is also having dreams about their father. The two suspected that Genevieve is capable of doing that so they confront the witch about it but she denied the accusation.
Davina (Danielle Campbell) tried to contact Tim (Shane Coffey) using his violin and a spell but it was Mikael who showed up. Meanwhile, Cami and Marcel were talking while sitting next to Father Kieran's coffin. Their conversation turned sour when Cami found out that Marcel got hold of her uncle's key.
Genevieve provided an answer to Klaus and Elijah's visions of their father and it has something to do with the "Other Side" disintegrating. Klaus confirms the situation after placing a phone call to Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) in Mystic Falls.
Hayley conducted her own investigation on the explosion that recently happened in the bayou. The pregnant werewolf suspected Francesca without knowing that the real culprit is actually a member of her own pack.
On Hayley's way home, Monique sneaks behind and cast a spell on the wolf girl using a voo doo doll. The effect of Monique's witchcraft took effect during Father Kieran's funeral where Hayley started to cough out blood before passing out.
Klaus and Elijah brought Hayley back to the French Quarter with Genevieve willing to help. The pregnant werewolf woke up in a dream sequence only to meet Klaus' cruel father. Genevieve found out that Monique was responsible for what happened to Hayley so she immediately broke the spell in time to save Hayley before Mikael does something bad to the werewolf and the baby.
Hayley decided to move back to the compound which Klaus wants to ensure the safety of the baby. When Hayley questioned what will happen to her after she gave birth, Klaus showed Hayley the room of their baby and declared that he wants her to stay and raise the child together.
Marcel and Klaus had a conversation that did not end well. Marcel declared that he is ready to fight for his people whatever Klaus's plan is involving the werewolves.
Hayley was staring out the window of the baby's room when Elijah showed up to express his fear of almost losing her. Elijah turned around to leave but Hayley stopped him and the two finally shared a sweet kiss.
The ending scene showed Davina's wound bleeding again and Mikael appears. Mikael told Davina that he needs her and when the young witch asked what she can do, the vampire hunter answered: "You can bring me back to life."
"The Originals" will return on Tuesday night, May 6, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network with Episode 21 titled "The Battle of New Orleans."
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Is Father Kieran's Key a Tool in Taking Down Klaus? Charles Michael Davis Previews Season 1 Finale Episode - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 19 'An Unblinking Death' Recap/Spoilers: Klaus Ends Father Kieran's Suffering, Chaos Explodes in New Orleans - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Sebastian Roché Returns as Mikael Mikaelson to Haunt Klaus and Hurt Pregnant Hayley in Episode 20 Titled 'A Closer Walk - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales