NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round, Game 6—Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies have seen many collapses in this postseason. The good news is that they were able to pull off the victory in most games and now hold the series lead, 3-2 in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the possible clincher in Game 6 on Thursday (Friday morning Australia), Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and the rest of the Grizzlies know that it’s only a matter of time before the Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company take full advantage.
"I'm getting tired of it," said Tony Allen of the recent collapses via NBA.COM. "Hopefully, we do the things we need to do to try to avoid that, and that's taking care of the ball down the stretch."
The Thunder-Grizzlies series can’t get any closer; four out of five games have needed an extra period to decide the winner and the four consecutive overtime games is an NBA record. Except for a 100-86 blowout by Oklahoma City in Game 1, the games have been decided by six points or less.
The Grizzlies stole Game 2 (111-105) and Game 5 (100-99) on the road and won in Game 3 (98-95) at home. The Thunder escaped with a 92-89 victory in Game 4 in Memphis.
The last game was another thriller between the two teams. Memphis built a big 20-point bubble before Oklahoma City came storming back to force OT. Zach Randolph led his team with 20 points and added 10 rebounds while Gasol had 11 points and 15 rebounds. The crunchtime points came from Mike Miller (21 points) and Conley (17 points).
Durant, who missed a three-pointer that could have sealed the win for his team, finished with 26 points missing 14-of-24 shots. Westbrook did not fare any better missing 21-of-31 attempts for an inefficient 30 points.
Can the Grizzlies close out the series in Game 6? Watch OKC-MEM match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight