NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round, Game 6—Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies have seen many collapses in this postseason. The good news is that they were able to pull off the victory in most games and now hold the series lead, 3-2 in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the possible clincher in Game 6 on Thursday (Friday morning Australia), Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and the rest of the Grizzlies know that it’s only a matter of time before the Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company take full advantage.
"I'm getting tired of it," said Tony Allen of the recent collapses via NBA.COM. "Hopefully, we do the things we need to do to try to avoid that, and that's taking care of the ball down the stretch."
The Thunder-Grizzlies series can’t get any closer; four out of five games have needed an extra period to decide the winner and the four consecutive overtime games is an NBA record. Except for a 100-86 blowout by Oklahoma City in Game 1, the games have been decided by six points or less.
The Grizzlies stole Game 2 (111-105) and Game 5 (100-99) on the road and won in Game 3 (98-95) at home. The Thunder escaped with a 92-89 victory in Game 4 in Memphis.
The last game was another thriller between the two teams. Memphis built a big 20-point bubble before Oklahoma City came storming back to force OT. Zach Randolph led his team with 20 points and added 10 rebounds while Gasol had 11 points and 15 rebounds. The crunchtime points came from Mike Miller (21 points) and Conley (17 points).
Durant, who missed a three-pointer that could have sealed the win for his team, finished with 26 points missing 14-of-24 shots. Westbrook did not fare any better missing 21-of-31 attempts for an inefficient 30 points.
Can the Grizzlies close out the series in Game 6? Watch OKC-MEM match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James