NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round, Game 6—Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies have seen many collapses in this postseason. The good news is that they were able to pull off the victory in most games and now hold the series lead, 3-2 in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the possible clincher in Game 6 on Thursday (Friday morning Australia), Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and the rest of the Grizzlies know that it’s only a matter of time before the Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company take full advantage.
"I'm getting tired of it," said Tony Allen of the recent collapses via NBA.COM. "Hopefully, we do the things we need to do to try to avoid that, and that's taking care of the ball down the stretch."
The Thunder-Grizzlies series can’t get any closer; four out of five games have needed an extra period to decide the winner and the four consecutive overtime games is an NBA record. Except for a 100-86 blowout by Oklahoma City in Game 1, the games have been decided by six points or less.
The Grizzlies stole Game 2 (111-105) and Game 5 (100-99) on the road and won in Game 3 (98-95) at home. The Thunder escaped with a 92-89 victory in Game 4 in Memphis.
The last game was another thriller between the two teams. Memphis built a big 20-point bubble before Oklahoma City came storming back to force OT. Zach Randolph led his team with 20 points and added 10 rebounds while Gasol had 11 points and 15 rebounds. The crunchtime points came from Mike Miller (21 points) and Conley (17 points).
Durant, who missed a three-pointer that could have sealed the win for his team, finished with 26 points missing 14-of-24 shots. Westbrook did not fare any better missing 21-of-31 attempts for an inefficient 30 points.
Can the Grizzlies close out the series in Game 6? Watch OKC-MEM match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon