NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round, Game 6—Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies have seen many collapses in this postseason. The good news is that they were able to pull off the victory in most games and now hold the series lead, 3-2 in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the possible clincher in Game 6 on Thursday (Friday morning Australia), Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and the rest of the Grizzlies know that it’s only a matter of time before the Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company take full advantage.
"I'm getting tired of it," said Tony Allen of the recent collapses via NBA.COM. "Hopefully, we do the things we need to do to try to avoid that, and that's taking care of the ball down the stretch."
The Thunder-Grizzlies series can’t get any closer; four out of five games have needed an extra period to decide the winner and the four consecutive overtime games is an NBA record. Except for a 100-86 blowout by Oklahoma City in Game 1, the games have been decided by six points or less.
The Grizzlies stole Game 2 (111-105) and Game 5 (100-99) on the road and won in Game 3 (98-95) at home. The Thunder escaped with a 92-89 victory in Game 4 in Memphis.
The last game was another thriller between the two teams. Memphis built a big 20-point bubble before Oklahoma City came storming back to force OT. Zach Randolph led his team with 20 points and added 10 rebounds while Gasol had 11 points and 15 rebounds. The crunchtime points came from Mike Miller (21 points) and Conley (17 points).
Durant, who missed a three-pointer that could have sealed the win for his team, finished with 26 points missing 14-of-24 shots. Westbrook did not fare any better missing 21-of-31 attempts for an inefficient 30 points.
Can the Grizzlies close out the series in Game 6? Watch OKC-MEM match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)