NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round, Game 6—Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies have seen many collapses in this postseason. The good news is that they were able to pull off the victory in most games and now hold the series lead, 3-2 in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies
Against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the possible clincher in Game 6 on Thursday (Friday morning Australia), Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and the rest of the Grizzlies know that it’s only a matter of time before the Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company take full advantage.
"I'm getting tired of it," said Tony Allen of the recent collapses via NBA.COM. "Hopefully, we do the things we need to do to try to avoid that, and that's taking care of the ball down the stretch."
The Thunder-Grizzlies series can’t get any closer; four out of five games have needed an extra period to decide the winner and the four consecutive overtime games is an NBA record. Except for a 100-86 blowout by Oklahoma City in Game 1, the games have been decided by six points or less.
The Grizzlies stole Game 2 (111-105) and Game 5 (100-99) on the road and won in Game 3 (98-95) at home. The Thunder escaped with a 92-89 victory in Game 4 in Memphis.
The last game was another thriller between the two teams. Memphis built a big 20-point bubble before Oklahoma City came storming back to force OT. Zach Randolph led his team with 20 points and added 10 rebounds while Gasol had 11 points and 15 rebounds. The crunchtime points came from Mike Miller (21 points) and Conley (17 points).
Durant, who missed a three-pointer that could have sealed the win for his team, finished with 26 points missing 14-of-24 shots. Westbrook did not fare any better missing 21-of-31 attempts for an inefficient 30 points.
Can the Grizzlies close out the series in Game 6? Watch OKC-MEM match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko