Inside George Clooney Romantic Proposal: He Bent on One Knee And Gave Amal Alamuddin a Seven Carat Ring!
By nidhi tewari | May 1, 2014 6:01 PM EST
George Clooney has finally been hooked after more than 50 years of bachelorhood and he did it in real style. According to industry insiders, the 52-year-old handsome hunk bent down on one knee when he proposed to British beauty Amal Alamuddin and gave her a whopping seven carat diamond ring!
US actor George Clooney poses with actress Sandra Bullock during a photo call at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice August 28, 2013. Clooney and Bullock star in Alfonso Cuaron's movie Gravity, which debuts at the festival. (REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi)
The romantic proposal happened on April 22nd, according to People magazine. The "Oceans Eleven" actor reportedly invested in "an ethically mined emerald-cut diamond estimated at 7-plus carats and two tapered baguettes set in platinum."
People magazine is also showing off the pictures of the most talked about engagement ring which the gorgeous barrister wore. Check out the picture here. The couple was joined by close friends Cindy Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, in Santa Barbara, California to celebrate the proposal.
Clooney also visited Dubai in March to meet Alamuddin's family and reportedly spent time on a yacht excursion with her fiancée's siblings, People magazine reports. Amal's parents found George "very easy to get along with, cool and felt at ease with him immediately."
According to industry insiders, Amal played the old trick which women folk deploy to keep men interested in them. According to Daily Mail, the 36-year-old lawyer from Britain turned down Clooney's offer to go out on a dinner with her twice. She refused twice saying she was "too busy" but later had to accept. And when she did, she treated the 52-year-old Hollywood heartthrob very normally and not like a star.
The pair has been spotted together holidaying in Tanzania, Seychelles, New York and even Dubai. The "Oceans Eleven" actor has even met Amal's parents though her mother Baria has declined to comment on the relationship. Amal's engagement news with Clooney has prompted her to delete her Twitter account that once had more than 1,800 followers, which included Ashton Kutcher too. The woman has also been named as the London's hottest female barrister. Clooney will turn 53 next month in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown