Daisy Ridley: Everything You Need To Know Of 'Star Wars Seven' New Cast
By Tanya Diente | May 1, 2014 5:35 PM EST
The announcement of the new cast of the eagerly anticipated film Star Wars VII provided a mixed of reactions. Fans are thrilled to learn of the return of the original cast Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Kenny Baker (R2-D2).
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handout
On the other hand, some are left wondering and scratching their heads while searching the names of the new cast. Many fans are more curious about Daisy Ridley, for reasons that she is rumoured to be taking the role of Jaina Solo (the daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia), and partly because she is the only new major female cast in the movie. Daisy Ridley became an overnight sensation.
Scroll down for videos
However fans of the Sci-Fi phenomenon are wondering, "Who is Daisy Ridley, the mysterious lady of "Star Wars VII"? Since internet search results could only provide as much, below are some Daisy Ridley "facts" collected from various sources, such as Wikepedia and IMDB.
1) Daisy Ridley is British and was born on October 3, 1992.
2) She is the daughter of a former colonel in the Palestine Liberation Organization and to Yvonne Ridley, a British journalist and activist.
3) She stands 5 feet and 7 inches.
4) She is a jazz singer, dancer and swimmer.
5) Daisy Ridley has appeared in a few TV series over the past year. She was cast as Jessie in "Youngers", (a British comedy drama series) and played the lead role of Fran in "Casualty" (a long running BBC TV Series).
6) This year Daisy is set to appear in "Mr. Selfridge", where she plays as Roxie Starlet. She also grabbed the lead character Hannah Kennedy in "Silent Witness", a BBC crime thriller. Her other film appearance include "Blue Season" and "Scrawl".
7) Daisy is set to appear in The Inbetweeners Movie 2 which will be released on August 6 in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
8) Her younger sister Kika-Rose is a model who is signed to Models 1.
10) She used to go by "daisyjazz" on Twitter with only 459 followers. She is currently active on Instagram as "daisyridley" with 1579 followers.
Below is Daisy Ridley in "Blue Season"
Daisy Ridley in a Music Video
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]