Second Leg of NBA Playoffs Almost Set fot the East, West Still in Tough Competition
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 1, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The second leg of the NBA playoffs is almost near as teams Miami Heat and Washington Wizards are already ahead of the pack. Other top tier teams during the regular season now show doubts in making it to the next round.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Miami Heat is the first team to quickly move forward as they swept the Charlotte Bobcats 4-0 in their first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. LeBron James scored 31 points, and Chris Bosh contributing 17 points in their last game against the Bobcats.
Following Miami's win, the Washington Wizards also moved on to the next round as the beat the Chicago Bulls 4-1 in game 5. John Wall finished with 24 points and Nene with 20 ending game 5 75-69.
Indiana Pacers is a struggling team in the first round of the playoffs facing the Atlanta Hawks. The Pacers are down 2-3 against the Hawks with their recent loss in game 5 Tuesday. Their final score was 107-97. One of the most notable challenges to Indiana at the moment is Roy Hibbert being unproductive in his recent games. In game 5, Hibbert was zero in points and rebounds.
Another crucial situation stands for the Brooklyn Nets as the Toronto Raptors had their biggest lead in playoff franchise history (26 points). The Raptors now lead the series 3-2 and is just one win away to move to the next round. Toronto's Kyle Lowry scored a career-high 36 points in game 5.
The San Antonio Spurs held off the Dallas Mavericks to a 109-103 win in game 5, April 30. Despite notable performances by Vince Carter sinking in 7 three-pointers, and Dirk Nowitzki scoring 26 points, the Spurs still beat Mavericks by 6 points. Tony Parker's 26 points, Tim Duncan's 16 points and 12 rebounds, and Tiago Splitter's 17 points and 12 rebounds (both players having double-doubles for that game) had helped the Spurs win game 5.
The Houston Rockets still held on from a 1-3 standing to 2-3 against the Portland Blazers with 108-98 in game 5. Dwight Howard scored 22 points, grabbed 14 boards, and help greatly with defense to avoid elimination. Jeremy Lin also helped in the cause by scoring off the bench 21 points.
The Los Angeles Clippers while going through a controversy with their owner broke the tied series with the Golden State Warriors with a 113-103. The Clippers' DeAndre Jordan played a remarkable NBA first record having 25 points, 18 rebounds, and four blocks in a playoff game. The last player to have recorded similar statistics was Tim Duncan back in 2008.
The Memphis Grizzlies pulled a close 1-point win in overtime against the Oklahoma City Thunder with the game ending 100-99. Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley scored the crucial winning basket to decide game 5. Despite the Thunder's Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook 56 combined points, it still didn't make up for their low field goals that may have caused their loss. Notable performance of the night was Westbrook's ninth career triple-double with 30 points, 13 assists, and 1 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million