It's Official: Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne File for Divorce Mutually
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 1, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Bollywood celebrities Hrithik Roshan and his estranged wife Sussanne have filed for divorce officially putting an end to the reconciliation rumours.
Sussanne and Hrithik Roshan
The "Krrish 3" actor was spotted with Sussanne at a family court in Bandra, Mumbai on Wednesday as they filed for divorce with mutual consent, reported Mid Day.
Both the parties have not made allegations against each other and the hearing of the case is likely to take place later this year on 31 October, the tabloid further reported.
The divorce filing comes four months after Hrithik had announced separation from his wife putting an end to their 13-year-old marriage.
"Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship. This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time," read Roshan's official statement issued in December last year.
The interior designer too had followed up with her statement where she had referred their separation as our "own individual choices."
The news of separation came as shock for the pair's large fan base and the film industry. The couple despite assurances went separate ways as Sussanne moved out of the Roshan's family home with her two sons, Hrehaan and Hridhaan.
The single mother has been quite busy with her professional commitments as well as tending to her sons over the last few months. Hrithik, meanwhile, was clicked spending quality time with his kids, on his birthday and on festive occasions.
Despite their split, the pair have come together amicably to act their parental roles to the hilt. At a previous occasion, the duo was seen attending their children's school function together comfortably and quite recently the couple got back again to celebrate their son Hrehaan's birthday.
But now with the report of Hrithik and Sussanne going the legal way, all probable reconciliation reports of the couple have proved futile.
Hrithik and Sussanne were childhood love birds. The couple was in a relationship for four years before they tied the knot on December 2000, the same year the former made a grand Bollywood debut with "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft