It's Official: Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne File for Divorce Mutually
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 1, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Bollywood celebrities Hrithik Roshan and his estranged wife Sussanne have filed for divorce officially putting an end to the reconciliation rumours.
Sussanne and Hrithik Roshan
The "Krrish 3" actor was spotted with Sussanne at a family court in Bandra, Mumbai on Wednesday as they filed for divorce with mutual consent, reported Mid Day.
Both the parties have not made allegations against each other and the hearing of the case is likely to take place later this year on 31 October, the tabloid further reported.
The divorce filing comes four months after Hrithik had announced separation from his wife putting an end to their 13-year-old marriage.
"Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship. This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time," read Roshan's official statement issued in December last year.
The interior designer too had followed up with her statement where she had referred their separation as our "own individual choices."
The news of separation came as shock for the pair's large fan base and the film industry. The couple despite assurances went separate ways as Sussanne moved out of the Roshan's family home with her two sons, Hrehaan and Hridhaan.
The single mother has been quite busy with her professional commitments as well as tending to her sons over the last few months. Hrithik, meanwhile, was clicked spending quality time with his kids, on his birthday and on festive occasions.
Despite their split, the pair have come together amicably to act their parental roles to the hilt. At a previous occasion, the duo was seen attending their children's school function together comfortably and quite recently the couple got back again to celebrate their son Hrehaan's birthday.
But now with the report of Hrithik and Sussanne going the legal way, all probable reconciliation reports of the couple have proved futile.
Hrithik and Sussanne were childhood love birds. The couple was in a relationship for four years before they tied the knot on December 2000, the same year the former made a grand Bollywood debut with "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff