It's Official: Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne File for Divorce Mutually
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 1, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Bollywood celebrities Hrithik Roshan and his estranged wife Sussanne have filed for divorce officially putting an end to the reconciliation rumours.
Sussanne and Hrithik Roshan
The "Krrish 3" actor was spotted with Sussanne at a family court in Bandra, Mumbai on Wednesday as they filed for divorce with mutual consent, reported Mid Day.
Both the parties have not made allegations against each other and the hearing of the case is likely to take place later this year on 31 October, the tabloid further reported.
The divorce filing comes four months after Hrithik had announced separation from his wife putting an end to their 13-year-old marriage.
"Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship. This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time," read Roshan's official statement issued in December last year.
The interior designer too had followed up with her statement where she had referred their separation as our "own individual choices."
The news of separation came as shock for the pair's large fan base and the film industry. The couple despite assurances went separate ways as Sussanne moved out of the Roshan's family home with her two sons, Hrehaan and Hridhaan.
The single mother has been quite busy with her professional commitments as well as tending to her sons over the last few months. Hrithik, meanwhile, was clicked spending quality time with his kids, on his birthday and on festive occasions.
Despite their split, the pair have come together amicably to act their parental roles to the hilt. At a previous occasion, the duo was seen attending their children's school function together comfortably and quite recently the couple got back again to celebrate their son Hrehaan's birthday.
But now with the report of Hrithik and Sussanne going the legal way, all probable reconciliation reports of the couple have proved futile.
Hrithik and Sussanne were childhood love birds. The couple was in a relationship for four years before they tied the knot on December 2000, the same year the former made a grand Bollywood debut with "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff