It's Official: Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne File for Divorce Mutually
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 1, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Bollywood celebrities Hrithik Roshan and his estranged wife Sussanne have filed for divorce officially putting an end to the reconciliation rumours.
Sussanne and Hrithik Roshan
The "Krrish 3" actor was spotted with Sussanne at a family court in Bandra, Mumbai on Wednesday as they filed for divorce with mutual consent, reported Mid Day.
Both the parties have not made allegations against each other and the hearing of the case is likely to take place later this year on 31 October, the tabloid further reported.
The divorce filing comes four months after Hrithik had announced separation from his wife putting an end to their 13-year-old marriage.
"Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship. This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time," read Roshan's official statement issued in December last year.
The interior designer too had followed up with her statement where she had referred their separation as our "own individual choices."
The news of separation came as shock for the pair's large fan base and the film industry. The couple despite assurances went separate ways as Sussanne moved out of the Roshan's family home with her two sons, Hrehaan and Hridhaan.
The single mother has been quite busy with her professional commitments as well as tending to her sons over the last few months. Hrithik, meanwhile, was clicked spending quality time with his kids, on his birthday and on festive occasions.
Despite their split, the pair have come together amicably to act their parental roles to the hilt. At a previous occasion, the duo was seen attending their children's school function together comfortably and quite recently the couple got back again to celebrate their son Hrehaan's birthday.
But now with the report of Hrithik and Sussanne going the legal way, all probable reconciliation reports of the couple have proved futile.
Hrithik and Sussanne were childhood love birds. The couple was in a relationship for four years before they tied the knot on December 2000, the same year the former made a grand Bollywood debut with "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage