Layton Benton Bank Account Closed Due to Profession, Adult Movie Star Claims
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 1, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Adult movie star Layton Benton is miffed with her bank. She claimed that the bank closed her account with no prior warning simply because of her profession.
Benton made a call to TMZ Live and wanted to talk about how her Chase Bank account had been closed. The bank has been accused of closing several accounts on the basis of their customer's involvement with the porn industry. Several adult movie actors have voiced similar allegations like Benton and said that the bank closed their account without any valid reason as they did porn.
According to Benton, she came to know that her account had been closed while she attempted drawing money from an ATM. Her transaction was denied, she claimed. She said that when she contacted the bank, she was told by bank authorities that her account was in the process of being closed as there was a "risk" involved. However, no further explanation was given.
The 22-year-old adult movie actor starred in movies like Doublicious and The Bomb Booty. Benton said that she was going to take legal action against the bank which did not even bother to call her before closing her account. She was told that she would have to wait for around 10 days to receive a cheque for the few thousand dollars that had been left in her bank account, Page Six reported.
TMZ reported that its sources confirmed that this was not the first time it happened to adult movie actors. While old-timers who have had their account in the bank for some time were not affected, it is the newbies who face the problem. According to TMZ sources, banks track down specific kind of transactions like the money deposits from their webcam services. Such deposits are flagged as "irregular activity" as the money is paid on a minute-by-minute basis, thus considered infrequent.
When Chase Bank was approached, they did not comment on the allegations that they closed Benton's account due to her profession.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance