Lin, Howard Power Houston to Game 5 Win, Rockets Cut Series Lead by Portland
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 2:25 PM EST
The Houston Rockets faced elimination on Wednesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers. With backs against the wall, they turned to the trio of Jeremy Lin, Dwight Howard and James Harden to notch the 108-98 victory in Game 5 of their first round series in the Western Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Lin scored 21 points, majority of which in the 3rd quarter even as Harden (17 points and 7 assists) and Howard (22 points, 14 rebounds) made some crucial plays in the payoff period to help the Rockets get the victory that cut down the series lead, 2-3. The Rockets have another chance to extend the series on Friday for Game 6 of the best-of-seven affair,
Omer Asik added 10 points and 15 rebounds and more importantly helped incontaining LaMarcus Aldridge who missed 9-of-12 attempts for just 8 points. Wesley Matthews and Damian Lillard had 27 and 26 points, respectively for Portland.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the Trail Blazers-Rockets series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles