Lin, Howard Power Houston to Game 5 Win, Rockets Cut Series Lead by Portland
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 2:25 PM EST
The Houston Rockets faced elimination on Wednesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers. With backs against the wall, they turned to the trio of Jeremy Lin, Dwight Howard and James Harden to notch the 108-98 victory in Game 5 of their first round series in the Western Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Lin scored 21 points, majority of which in the 3rd quarter even as Harden (17 points and 7 assists) and Howard (22 points, 14 rebounds) made some crucial plays in the payoff period to help the Rockets get the victory that cut down the series lead, 2-3. The Rockets have another chance to extend the series on Friday for Game 6 of the best-of-seven affair,
Omer Asik added 10 points and 15 rebounds and more importantly helped incontaining LaMarcus Aldridge who missed 9-of-12 attempts for just 8 points. Wesley Matthews and Damian Lillard had 27 and 26 points, respectively for Portland.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the Trail Blazers-Rockets series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report