iPhone 6: Latest Leak Showcases Incredibly Thin Profile, Curved Corners, Restyled Volume Buttons
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 1, 2014 1:48 PM EST
A legion of rumors, reports and leaked information has claimed that the upcoming iPhone 6 will sport a brand new design featuring curved corners, along with a very thin profile.
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California, September 10, 2013.
According to a French Publication (via BGR), the most recently leaked information showcases images of Apple iPhone 6's prototype model. Apparently, the prototype was photographed in China. The French publication acquired those images from a Chinese Web site which is known for leaking credible information from Apple.
Click here to check-out the leaked images of the latest iPhone 6.
The leaked images of iPhone 6 model have the same design cited in umpteen reports, this includes:
- Very smooth and seamless curved corners.
- A rear camera that juts out slightly from the exterior.
- An incredibly thin profile.
- A restyled and refined volume button that resembles iPhone's 5c buttons when compared to the conventional volume buttons in the iPhone 5S and its older iPhone variants.
- The placement of power button is no longer on the top of the device, but according to the leaked image, the power button is placed to the right hand side of the iPhone.
It is worth noting that, the upcoming iPhone 6 is expected to come with a 4.7 inches display with 1,334 x 750 pixels resolution, which has a minimal thickness of 6.1mm. According to reports (via BGR), the previously leaked images showed the schematics and mold that could potentially be used to manufacture iPhone 6's chassis indicate that the handset will be 138mm in length and 64mm in width. On the other hand, the iPhone 5S measures 123mm in length and 58mm in width. Nevertheless, the actual size of the leaked iPhone 6 model is still not out yet.
In addition, a case/covering for iPhone 6 was leaked only a couple of days back; a video from YouTube channel compared the upcoming iPhone 6's size to the iPhone 5S, the present-day iPod touch variant, and also to Android mobile devices. Interested readers can check-out the video by clicking here.
All the floating rumors could come true because the leaked schematics of the upcoming iPhone 6 components confirms the same design specifications as seen in the iPhone 6's prototype.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report