Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update Roll Out Delayed as Sprint Takes Down Nexus 5 Upgrade
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 1, 2014 1:40 PM EST
The roll out of the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update may be delayed as Sprint took down the post about the Nexus 5 upgrade from its Web site.
US carrier Sprint first posted that it will roll out the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update dubbed as KTU84F to its Nexus 5 handsets on Apr. 21. However, the network took back their word and said that the update has issues that needed to be fixed.
"Important Note: Due to an issue with the software, this update has been put on hold. Will update this post as soon as the rollout resumes to Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84F" was posted on Sprint's Web site.
Know Your Mobile jumped into conclusion that Sprint picked up the wrong build number and got someone assumed that it was Android 4.4.3 launching. It has now been fixed on the network's support forums.
However, the OS update will indeed come soon as leaks were spotted several times. A new firmware dubbed as "KTU72.S1.3013" was spotted in the Google Play Edition of Sony Xperia Z Ultra. KTU72 is an Android 4.4.3-specific build. Android Geeks also reported that Nexus 4, 5, 7 and 10 will receive the next and final OS update for Android's Kitkat in the next few weeks.
Aside from Nexus devices, the report cited well-known HTC developer LlabTooFer. According to one of his blog posts, the Android 4.4.3 update will be released to the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition and One M7 Google Play Edition in May - June.
Google has not revealed the changelog of the upcoming update but it was speculated that the OS update will herald in fix on bugs and issues brought by the 4.4.2 version of Kitkat.
Moreover, the update was claimed to address Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issuses, random reboots, USB debugging and VPN problems, among others. The latest update will bring bug fixes mostly and will not bring any new features to the devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists