iPhone 6 Release Date Soon and Could Be Very Thin
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 1, 2014 1:39 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date will come very soon and will sport a very thin profile.
Macrumors ran a report that Italian site Macitynet made a high quality physical mock-up of the new iPhone 6 based on design drawings and renders. Very few details can be obtained from the photo but one can learn that the power button on the side of the device was relocated. Moreover, the mock-up used different materials and colours used for various features such as the rear camera and flash.
The report continued that the photo is considered to be "final" version for the purposes of ensuring case and accessory compatibility with the expected design of the iPhone 6. Conventionally, this model was supposed to be a mould of the cases and to test the prototypes of the enclosures to verify their compatibility with the real iPhone 6.
It was not uncommon that manufacturers of smartphone accessories get hold of the mould based on the design of the new handset in order to make their own products.
Meanwhile, Apple remained tight lipped when it comes to the official specs and features of the new iPhone 6. Reuters reported that the company was working on two iPhone 6 models. One of the models will pack a 4.7 inches screen panel and will succeed the iPhone 5S. The other variant will sport a 5.5 inch screen display and will be the first ever phablet of Apple. Other rumoured features of the Apple handset are A8 processor, iOS 8, and TouchID fingerprint sensor.
The latest rumours also claimed that Apple will unveil the iPhone 6 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference on June 2 at Moscone West in San Francisco, California. The device will be introduced alongside a new operating system - iOS 8. Other reports claimed that Apple will wait for the full-year cycle and will launch the iPhone 6 in September or in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills