iPhone 6 Release Date Soon and Could Be Very Thin
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 1, 2014 1:39 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date will come very soon and will sport a very thin profile.
Macrumors ran a report that Italian site Macitynet made a high quality physical mock-up of the new iPhone 6 based on design drawings and renders. Very few details can be obtained from the photo but one can learn that the power button on the side of the device was relocated. Moreover, the mock-up used different materials and colours used for various features such as the rear camera and flash.
The report continued that the photo is considered to be "final" version for the purposes of ensuring case and accessory compatibility with the expected design of the iPhone 6. Conventionally, this model was supposed to be a mould of the cases and to test the prototypes of the enclosures to verify their compatibility with the real iPhone 6.
It was not uncommon that manufacturers of smartphone accessories get hold of the mould based on the design of the new handset in order to make their own products.
Meanwhile, Apple remained tight lipped when it comes to the official specs and features of the new iPhone 6. Reuters reported that the company was working on two iPhone 6 models. One of the models will pack a 4.7 inches screen panel and will succeed the iPhone 5S. The other variant will sport a 5.5 inch screen display and will be the first ever phablet of Apple. Other rumoured features of the Apple handset are A8 processor, iOS 8, and TouchID fingerprint sensor.
The latest rumours also claimed that Apple will unveil the iPhone 6 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference on June 2 at Moscone West in San Francisco, California. The device will be introduced alongside a new operating system - iOS 8. Other reports claimed that Apple will wait for the full-year cycle and will launch the iPhone 6 in September or in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points