iPhone 6 Release Date Soon and Could Be Very Thin
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 1, 2014 1:39 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date will come very soon and will sport a very thin profile.
Macrumors ran a report that Italian site Macitynet made a high quality physical mock-up of the new iPhone 6 based on design drawings and renders. Very few details can be obtained from the photo but one can learn that the power button on the side of the device was relocated. Moreover, the mock-up used different materials and colours used for various features such as the rear camera and flash.
The report continued that the photo is considered to be "final" version for the purposes of ensuring case and accessory compatibility with the expected design of the iPhone 6. Conventionally, this model was supposed to be a mould of the cases and to test the prototypes of the enclosures to verify their compatibility with the real iPhone 6.
It was not uncommon that manufacturers of smartphone accessories get hold of the mould based on the design of the new handset in order to make their own products.
Meanwhile, Apple remained tight lipped when it comes to the official specs and features of the new iPhone 6. Reuters reported that the company was working on two iPhone 6 models. One of the models will pack a 4.7 inches screen panel and will succeed the iPhone 5S. The other variant will sport a 5.5 inch screen display and will be the first ever phablet of Apple. Other rumoured features of the Apple handset are A8 processor, iOS 8, and TouchID fingerprint sensor.
The latest rumours also claimed that Apple will unveil the iPhone 6 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference on June 2 at Moscone West in San Francisco, California. The device will be introduced alongside a new operating system - iOS 8. Other reports claimed that Apple will wait for the full-year cycle and will launch the iPhone 6 in September or in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles