Daniel Radcliffe Has a ‘Man-Crush’ on NFL Star Quarterback
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 1, 2014 1:15 PM EST
Even the "manliest" men say they admire the looks of other men. It shouldn't be an awkward thing because having a "man-crush" doesn't always mean it's something sexual.
As the Urban Dictionary puts it, a "man-crush" is when a straight man has a crush on another man, not in sexual manner but instead in the form of fanaticism. Daniel Radcliffe a.k.a. "Harry Potter" apparently has that form of admiration for New England Patriots' star quarterback Tom Brady.
Daniel Radcliffe arrives for the film premiere of "Kill Your Darlings" at the 38th Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto
Speaking to Vanity Fair, Radcliffe revealed he considers Brady as one of his heroes in real life, in addition to his parents and Tom Lehrer, as reported by the Boston Globe.
When the actor had an unexpected encounter with Brady at an event, the English actor was a little freaked out over meeting the National Football League (NFL) quarterback. Celebrities certainly get starstruck too. Even though Radcliffe has a huge fan base of his own from all parts of the world, he got so excited when he met his hero for the first time.
"When I get really starstruck, I don't freeze up as much as I attack people with compliments," Radcliffe told Express.
"The worse it's ever been is I met Tom Brady once, I'm a big American football fan, I'm an obsessive NFL fan," he added.
"He was with Gisele and I must have been the first person to totally ignore her."
Radcliffe couldn't contain his excitement of meeting the sports star that he could only mumble his praise and admiration towards Brady.
"I just went, 'You're so cool, you're awesome, just continue what you're doing.'" He said after uttering those words, he instantly left and didn't even give Brady a chance to talk.
"As I was walking away, I did hear Gisele go, 'He's so cute,' which I was like, 'Yes!'"
Radcliffe is not seen as much on the big screen like before when he was still doing the "Harry Potter" movies. The 24-year-old English actor is making his name on Broadway.
Currently, he is working in the revival of "The Cripple of Inishmaan," where he plays the role of "Cripple Billy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones