'Star Wars' Episode VII's Newcomer Actress' Identity Unknown: Background, Social Media and Other Details Kept Secret? [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
The new female lead for "Star Wars" Episose VII stands as a mysterious element to the excitement of the upcoming sequel. Hours after the big casting announcement, Daisy Ridley quickly gained Internet buzz as Star Wars fans were curious about the newcomer.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk,Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handou
So far as the wild search for Ridley's information goes, only minor details are found available. She stands 5-foot-7 with a London accent, and no exact age provided. Only a few minor television credits are listed in her IMDb page as well. Her recent TV series like "Casualty," "Blue Season," "Youngsters," and few more appearances form last year up to 2014 are the only flicks fans can take a glimpse on for this mystery girl.
Attempts by other news teams were done to gather more information from Ridley but only redirected responses were given by her talent agency. The agency, "Jonathan Arun," found in Clerkenwell, London, advises to refer questions back to "Lucasfilm." Sadly, Lucasfilm is more secretive about Ridley's details. Lucasfilm hasn't even revealed Ridley's role information for the upcoming sequel.
Well ahead of time before the casting announcement, Ridley's Vimeo film videos, Wikipedia page, and Getty Images database were made unavailable. Even her personal Twitter account was disabled, as fans are unsure if it's a personal choice or was told for her to do so. Given the circumstances, fans were still able to find few traces of her recent Twitter posts and activities.
Here's a tweet where her picture was taken in a cast party.
Whatever Lucasfilm and the agency plans for Ridley, fans could only theorize and guess endlessly the reason behind it. If it's for the good and success of the much awaited Star Wars movie sequel, no one then can complain about the secrecy at the moment. Since the movie is set to hit theatres December 2015, more details about Daisy Ridley might eventually surface soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports