'Star Wars' Episode VII's Newcomer Actress' Identity Unknown: Background, Social Media and Other Details Kept Secret? [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
The new female lead for "Star Wars" Episose VII stands as a mysterious element to the excitement of the upcoming sequel. Hours after the big casting announcement, Daisy Ridley quickly gained Internet buzz as Star Wars fans were curious about the newcomer.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk,Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handou
So far as the wild search for Ridley's information goes, only minor details are found available. She stands 5-foot-7 with a London accent, and no exact age provided. Only a few minor television credits are listed in her IMDb page as well. Her recent TV series like "Casualty," "Blue Season," "Youngsters," and few more appearances form last year up to 2014 are the only flicks fans can take a glimpse on for this mystery girl.
Attempts by other news teams were done to gather more information from Ridley but only redirected responses were given by her talent agency. The agency, "Jonathan Arun," found in Clerkenwell, London, advises to refer questions back to "Lucasfilm." Sadly, Lucasfilm is more secretive about Ridley's details. Lucasfilm hasn't even revealed Ridley's role information for the upcoming sequel.
Well ahead of time before the casting announcement, Ridley's Vimeo film videos, Wikipedia page, and Getty Images database were made unavailable. Even her personal Twitter account was disabled, as fans are unsure if it's a personal choice or was told for her to do so. Given the circumstances, fans were still able to find few traces of her recent Twitter posts and activities.
Here's a tweet where her picture was taken in a cast party.
Whatever Lucasfilm and the agency plans for Ridley, fans could only theorize and guess endlessly the reason behind it. If it's for the good and success of the much awaited Star Wars movie sequel, no one then can complain about the secrecy at the moment. Since the movie is set to hit theatres December 2015, more details about Daisy Ridley might eventually surface soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks