HTC One M8: Leaked Details Claim 'Prime' Version of Latest Flagship Set to Arrive Soon
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 1, 2014 12:42 PM EST
It looks like Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC will be introducing the "Prime" version of the company's latest flagship HTC One M8 soon to match the alleged rival device called Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. The leaked details from notable device source @evleaks on Twitter claim "Ace" should be forgotten and get ready for the upcoming HTC device codenamed "M8 Prime."
Forget the Ace. What y'all are really waiting for is codenamed M8 Prime. [comments: http://t.co/XvFgRppiFI]
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 29, 2014
The Phone Dog report noted that device enthusiasts should look forward to another HTC M8 variant following the reports on the HTC M8 Ace that have been circulating online teasing about a plastic version of the HTC One M8 with a 5-inch screen display at 1080p resolution and a quad-core processor. However, the Twitter post did not mention what the HTC M8 Prime will offer but a processor upgrade is expected on the device.
"The 'Prime' part of the device's codename suggests that it could be a device that's even higher-end than the One (M8)," the report further noted. Samsung is reportedly set to release this June the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime or codenamed KQ with a 2560x1440p display resolution and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor so there is a possibility that HTC will be working on a similar device arriving soon.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the reports about Samsung preparing for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime handset would throw the device in competition with the other rival handsets such as the LG G3, Oppo Find 7 and the Vivo Xplay 3S and HTC is interested to jump in the bandwagon of a "Prime" version. With the HTC One M8 Prime version teased, interested consumers must patiently wait for now until more details on the device are revealed.
In a previous report on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, the expected features and specs of the upcoming devie or also known as the Project KQ include a 5.2-inch QHD screen display with 564ppi, an exceptionally fast octa-core Exynos 5430 processor clocked at 2.1GHz and a metal body of the device instead of Samsung's trademark plastic body.
As for the HTC One M8, features and specs of the HTC device announced in March 2014 include a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen with 1920x1080p display resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system and 2GB of RAM.
The HTC One M8 also has a dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot up to 128GB, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB v2.0 and a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Microsoft Store Now Offers AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 at $49.99 Price - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election