HTC One M8: Leaked Details Claim 'Prime' Version of Latest Flagship Set to Arrive Soon
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 1, 2014 12:42 PM EST
It looks like Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC will be introducing the "Prime" version of the company's latest flagship HTC One M8 soon to match the alleged rival device called Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. The leaked details from notable device source @evleaks on Twitter claim "Ace" should be forgotten and get ready for the upcoming HTC device codenamed "M8 Prime."
Forget the Ace. What y'all are really waiting for is codenamed M8 Prime. [comments: http://t.co/XvFgRppiFI]
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 29, 2014
The Phone Dog report noted that device enthusiasts should look forward to another HTC M8 variant following the reports on the HTC M8 Ace that have been circulating online teasing about a plastic version of the HTC One M8 with a 5-inch screen display at 1080p resolution and a quad-core processor. However, the Twitter post did not mention what the HTC M8 Prime will offer but a processor upgrade is expected on the device.
"The 'Prime' part of the device's codename suggests that it could be a device that's even higher-end than the One (M8)," the report further noted. Samsung is reportedly set to release this June the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime or codenamed KQ with a 2560x1440p display resolution and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor so there is a possibility that HTC will be working on a similar device arriving soon.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the reports about Samsung preparing for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime handset would throw the device in competition with the other rival handsets such as the LG G3, Oppo Find 7 and the Vivo Xplay 3S and HTC is interested to jump in the bandwagon of a "Prime" version. With the HTC One M8 Prime version teased, interested consumers must patiently wait for now until more details on the device are revealed.
In a previous report on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, the expected features and specs of the upcoming devie or also known as the Project KQ include a 5.2-inch QHD screen display with 564ppi, an exceptionally fast octa-core Exynos 5430 processor clocked at 2.1GHz and a metal body of the device instead of Samsung's trademark plastic body.
As for the HTC One M8, features and specs of the HTC device announced in March 2014 include a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen with 1920x1080p display resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system and 2GB of RAM.
The HTC One M8 also has a dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot up to 128GB, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB v2.0 and a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Microsoft Store Now Offers AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 at $49.99 Price - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions