Beyoncé Instagram Poem Goes Viral, Sends Flowers to Grieving Family of Australian Fan
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 1, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Beyoncé is definitely one of the bestselling artists of all time. Bringing her top singles in Billboard, and earning five Grammy Awards are no game of chance, and she continues to be the superstar that she is conquering the world with powerful performances in her tours.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Recently, the Queen Bee is storming Instagram not due to a powerful rendition of her song, but from posting a meaningful poem that is going viral in the social networking site.
The poem is entitled "The Invitation" written by famous storyteller Oriah Mountain Dreamer. The pop-star seemed to be emotionally moved with the poem, even penning it on paper before taking a snap of it to be posted on her Instagram. Beyoncé's handwritten poem contained a few typos, but is still appreciated by her horde of fans. Each photo post received hundreds of thousands of likes and hefty comments saying that the post is inspiring.
Here is the series of Beyoncé's posted poem.
Meanwhile, the singer expressed her grief for her 15-year-old Australian fan who passed away because of cancer. Beyoncé first got acquainted with then battling patient Chelsea Lee James in 2009 as she invited the girl to join her on stage to perform her hit song "Halo."
Carter sent the Australian girl's family a personalized note atop the bouquet of white roses.
The hand-written note reads: "Donna, Love and prayers to you and your family. Chelsea was a beautiful girl and I am so happy I was able to meet her. She touched my heart and I will never forget her."
Chelsea is a huge fan of the singer. She died after a 10 years of painful battling with the disease being diagnosed in 2004 with a tumour in her spine. Despite a series of chemotherapy and surgery, Chelsea did not survive.
Beyoncé became a beacon of hope for the teen as they met again in 2013. In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Chelsea shared that she was very excited to meet her idol and talk to her backstage. She found the memory unforgettable, but she is not the only person who found meaning in the experience - Beyoncé also meaningfully got her share of inspiration in being able to meet the "Aussie angel" Chelsea Lee James.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed