Beyoncé Instagram Poem Goes Viral, Sends Flowers to Grieving Family of Australian Fan
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 1, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Beyoncé is definitely one of the bestselling artists of all time. Bringing her top singles in Billboard, and earning five Grammy Awards are no game of chance, and she continues to be the superstar that she is conquering the world with powerful performances in her tours.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Recently, the Queen Bee is storming Instagram not due to a powerful rendition of her song, but from posting a meaningful poem that is going viral in the social networking site.
The poem is entitled "The Invitation" written by famous storyteller Oriah Mountain Dreamer. The pop-star seemed to be emotionally moved with the poem, even penning it on paper before taking a snap of it to be posted on her Instagram. Beyoncé's handwritten poem contained a few typos, but is still appreciated by her horde of fans. Each photo post received hundreds of thousands of likes and hefty comments saying that the post is inspiring.
Here is the series of Beyoncé's posted poem.
Meanwhile, the singer expressed her grief for her 15-year-old Australian fan who passed away because of cancer. Beyoncé first got acquainted with then battling patient Chelsea Lee James in 2009 as she invited the girl to join her on stage to perform her hit song "Halo."
Carter sent the Australian girl's family a personalized note atop the bouquet of white roses.
The hand-written note reads: "Donna, Love and prayers to you and your family. Chelsea was a beautiful girl and I am so happy I was able to meet her. She touched my heart and I will never forget her."
Chelsea is a huge fan of the singer. She died after a 10 years of painful battling with the disease being diagnosed in 2004 with a tumour in her spine. Despite a series of chemotherapy and surgery, Chelsea did not survive.
Beyoncé became a beacon of hope for the teen as they met again in 2013. In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Chelsea shared that she was very excited to meet her idol and talk to her backstage. She found the memory unforgettable, but she is not the only person who found meaning in the experience - Beyoncé also meaningfully got her share of inspiration in being able to meet the "Aussie angel" Chelsea Lee James.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight