Beyoncé Instagram Poem Goes Viral, Sends Flowers to Grieving Family of Australian Fan
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 1, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Beyoncé is definitely one of the bestselling artists of all time. Bringing her top singles in Billboard, and earning five Grammy Awards are no game of chance, and she continues to be the superstar that she is conquering the world with powerful performances in her tours.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Recently, the Queen Bee is storming Instagram not due to a powerful rendition of her song, but from posting a meaningful poem that is going viral in the social networking site.
The poem is entitled "The Invitation" written by famous storyteller Oriah Mountain Dreamer. The pop-star seemed to be emotionally moved with the poem, even penning it on paper before taking a snap of it to be posted on her Instagram. Beyoncé's handwritten poem contained a few typos, but is still appreciated by her horde of fans. Each photo post received hundreds of thousands of likes and hefty comments saying that the post is inspiring.
Here is the series of Beyoncé's posted poem.
Meanwhile, the singer expressed her grief for her 15-year-old Australian fan who passed away because of cancer. Beyoncé first got acquainted with then battling patient Chelsea Lee James in 2009 as she invited the girl to join her on stage to perform her hit song "Halo."
Carter sent the Australian girl's family a personalized note atop the bouquet of white roses.
The hand-written note reads: "Donna, Love and prayers to you and your family. Chelsea was a beautiful girl and I am so happy I was able to meet her. She touched my heart and I will never forget her."
Chelsea is a huge fan of the singer. She died after a 10 years of painful battling with the disease being diagnosed in 2004 with a tumour in her spine. Despite a series of chemotherapy and surgery, Chelsea did not survive.
Beyoncé became a beacon of hope for the teen as they met again in 2013. In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Chelsea shared that she was very excited to meet her idol and talk to her backstage. She found the memory unforgettable, but she is not the only person who found meaning in the experience - Beyoncé also meaningfully got her share of inspiration in being able to meet the "Aussie angel" Chelsea Lee James.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen