Beyoncé Instagram Poem Goes Viral, Sends Flowers to Grieving Family of Australian Fan
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 1, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Beyoncé is definitely one of the bestselling artists of all time. Bringing her top singles in Billboard, and earning five Grammy Awards are no game of chance, and she continues to be the superstar that she is conquering the world with powerful performances in her tours.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Recently, the Queen Bee is storming Instagram not due to a powerful rendition of her song, but from posting a meaningful poem that is going viral in the social networking site.
The poem is entitled "The Invitation" written by famous storyteller Oriah Mountain Dreamer. The pop-star seemed to be emotionally moved with the poem, even penning it on paper before taking a snap of it to be posted on her Instagram. Beyoncé's handwritten poem contained a few typos, but is still appreciated by her horde of fans. Each photo post received hundreds of thousands of likes and hefty comments saying that the post is inspiring.
Here is the series of Beyoncé's posted poem.
Meanwhile, the singer expressed her grief for her 15-year-old Australian fan who passed away because of cancer. Beyoncé first got acquainted with then battling patient Chelsea Lee James in 2009 as she invited the girl to join her on stage to perform her hit song "Halo."
Carter sent the Australian girl's family a personalized note atop the bouquet of white roses.
The hand-written note reads: "Donna, Love and prayers to you and your family. Chelsea was a beautiful girl and I am so happy I was able to meet her. She touched my heart and I will never forget her."
Chelsea is a huge fan of the singer. She died after a 10 years of painful battling with the disease being diagnosed in 2004 with a tumour in her spine. Despite a series of chemotherapy and surgery, Chelsea did not survive.
Beyoncé became a beacon of hope for the teen as they met again in 2013. In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Chelsea shared that she was very excited to meet her idol and talk to her backstage. She found the memory unforgettable, but she is not the only person who found meaning in the experience - Beyoncé also meaningfully got her share of inspiration in being able to meet the "Aussie angel" Chelsea Lee James.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports