Watch Pollard and Warner Go Six Crazy: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 1, 2014 4:48 AM EST
Kieron Pollard treated everyone to some unbelievable six-hitting, but it was Dale Steyn and the Sunrisers Hyderabad that came away with smiles on their faces as the Mumbai Indians suffered their fifth straight defeat in IPL 2014.
The final match in the UAE was a brilliant T20 match, with the Sunrisers posting a big total of 172 for five in their 20 overs, thanks to a half-century from David Warner and an equally good knock from youngster KL Rahul.
In reply, the Mumbai Indians were in deep trouble after losing three early wickets, but Pollard played one of those T20 innings, hitting six sixes, including three consecutive ones off Amit Mishra, to take the game right down to the wire, before the Sunrisers held their nerves to pick up their second win in five games this season.
"The bowlers were brilliant under pressure and we are really getting stronger as a team," an elated Sunrisers captain Shikhar Dhawan said.
Dhawan also praised the facilities in the UAE, with the match on Wednesday in Dubai being the final one as IPL 2014 now heads back to India. "The wickets have been great here in the UAE and so has the support, we have really enjoyed it," he added.
Rohit Sharma, who could only manage one run on his 27th birthday, was understandably disappointed, even if MI, the defending champions, at least made a game of it this time, something they have been unable to do all season.
"It is frustrating that things are not going our way, we started off really well with the ball but if you don't keep getting wickets then they can take us out the game," Sharma said, with a century partnership between Warner and Rahul swaying the first innings SRH's way.
"We wanted to chase so I have no problem fielding first. We have to win pretty much all our games from here on and going back to our home conditions will help us, we have to stay positive."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report