NBA Betting: Can the Houston Rockets Extend the Series Versus the Portland Trail Blazers?
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Is this an exciting NBA Playoffs? The Houston-Portland series alone has provided more than that with three overtime games played in the last four games.
Thanks to the crunchtime plays of Damian Lillard and the explosion of LaMarcus Aldridge, their Trail Blazers have grabbed the series control by the horns: Portland leads Houston, 3-1 in this best-of-seven affair.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
All is not lost for Houston however as the next game—a possible clincher for Portland—is played in the expectedly loud Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Can James Harden and Dwight Howard play through all the emotions after gut-wrenching overtime losses in Game 3 and Game 4? Can they draw enough energy from their home crowd and have the mental capacity to outplay these tough Trail Blazers?
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+5.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 213.5)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Trail Blazers are 2-2 ATS in this series
- The Trail Blazers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after a two-day rest
Why Bet on Portland:
Why not, they are underdogs by 5.5 points (total disrespect from the books even with a commanding series lead) and they have Lillard (25.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG and 7.5 APG this series) and Aldridge (35.3 PPG, 11.5 RPG and 3.0 BPG), inarguable the top duo in this postseason so far.
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Houston:
Backs against the wall, desperation mode and a great crowd behind them; surely, Harden, Howard and company do not just want to fold.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family