NBA Betting: Can the Houston Rockets Extend the Series Versus the Portland Trail Blazers?
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Is this an exciting NBA Playoffs? The Houston-Portland series alone has provided more than that with three overtime games played in the last four games.
Thanks to the crunchtime plays of Damian Lillard and the explosion of LaMarcus Aldridge, their Trail Blazers have grabbed the series control by the horns: Portland leads Houston, 3-1 in this best-of-seven affair.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
All is not lost for Houston however as the next game—a possible clincher for Portland—is played in the expectedly loud Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Can James Harden and Dwight Howard play through all the emotions after gut-wrenching overtime losses in Game 3 and Game 4? Can they draw enough energy from their home crowd and have the mental capacity to outplay these tough Trail Blazers?
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+5.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 213.5)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Trail Blazers are 2-2 ATS in this series
- The Trail Blazers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after a two-day rest
Why Bet on Portland:
Why not, they are underdogs by 5.5 points (total disrespect from the books even with a commanding series lead) and they have Lillard (25.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG and 7.5 APG this series) and Aldridge (35.3 PPG, 11.5 RPG and 3.0 BPG), inarguable the top duo in this postseason so far.
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Houston:
Backs against the wall, desperation mode and a great crowd behind them; surely, Harden, Howard and company do not just want to fold.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft