NBA Betting: Can the Houston Rockets Extend the Series Versus the Portland Trail Blazers?
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Is this an exciting NBA Playoffs? The Houston-Portland series alone has provided more than that with three overtime games played in the last four games.
Thanks to the crunchtime plays of Damian Lillard and the explosion of LaMarcus Aldridge, their Trail Blazers have grabbed the series control by the horns: Portland leads Houston, 3-1 in this best-of-seven affair.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
All is not lost for Houston however as the next game—a possible clincher for Portland—is played in the expectedly loud Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Can James Harden and Dwight Howard play through all the emotions after gut-wrenching overtime losses in Game 3 and Game 4? Can they draw enough energy from their home crowd and have the mental capacity to outplay these tough Trail Blazers?
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+5.5) vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 213.5)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Trail Blazers are 2-2 ATS in this series
- The Trail Blazers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after a two-day rest
Why Bet on Portland:
Why not, they are underdogs by 5.5 points (total disrespect from the books even with a commanding series lead) and they have Lillard (25.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG and 7.5 APG this series) and Aldridge (35.3 PPG, 11.5 RPG and 3.0 BPG), inarguable the top duo in this postseason so far.
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Houston:
Backs against the wall, desperation mode and a great crowd behind them; surely, Harden, Howard and company do not just want to fold.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’