NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Three games are on tap on Wednesday night in the NBA as perhaps the most exciting if not shocking set of first round games continue. Save of course, for the Miami Heat’s domination of the Charlotte Bobacts, who got beat via sweep.
NBA: Playoffs-Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets
One other series have been decided too; the upstart Washington Wizards surprised the Chicago Bulls as John Wall and company finished off Joakim Noah’s crew in just five games.
While the Bobcats and Bulls are already booted out, 12 other teams’ fates are still up in the air; the Mavericks-Spurs, Nets-Raptors and Blazers-Rockets series continue on Wednesday.
Which teams are the good bets on this NBA game day? Game odds, stats and trends for the Brooklyn-Toronto Game 5 below:
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+3) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 190.5)
Game time: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Nets are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games
Why Bet on Brooklyn:
The Nets already stole one game in Toronto to the tune of 94-87 in Game 1. Expect the veterans to outplay the Raptors young crew in the end game again. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce combined for 63 points in that game.
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Raptors are 0-3-2 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Toronto:
They are playing at home and backed by the “North” so they’ll most likely do not want to give up homecourt advantage again. After a stirring 87-79 win in Game 4, momentum could be on the Raptors side. DeMar Derozan led the scoring with 24 points but it was the clutch play of Greiviz Vasquez (9 points) and Kyle Lowry (22 points) who did the Nets in.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate