NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Three games are on tap on Wednesday night in the NBA as perhaps the most exciting if not shocking set of first round games continue. Save of course, for the Miami Heat’s domination of the Charlotte Bobacts, who got beat via sweep.
NBA: Playoffs-Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets
One other series have been decided too; the upstart Washington Wizards surprised the Chicago Bulls as John Wall and company finished off Joakim Noah’s crew in just five games.
While the Bobcats and Bulls are already booted out, 12 other teams’ fates are still up in the air; the Mavericks-Spurs, Nets-Raptors and Blazers-Rockets series continue on Wednesday.
Which teams are the good bets on this NBA game day? Game odds, stats and trends for the Brooklyn-Toronto Game 5 below:
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+3) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 190.5)
Game time: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Nets are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games
Why Bet on Brooklyn:
The Nets already stole one game in Toronto to the tune of 94-87 in Game 1. Expect the veterans to outplay the Raptors young crew in the end game again. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce combined for 63 points in that game.
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Raptors are 0-3-2 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Toronto:
They are playing at home and backed by the “North” so they’ll most likely do not want to give up homecourt advantage again. After a stirring 87-79 win in Game 4, momentum could be on the Raptors side. DeMar Derozan led the scoring with 24 points but it was the clutch play of Greiviz Vasquez (9 points) and Kyle Lowry (22 points) who did the Nets in.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date