NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Three games are on tap on Wednesday night in the NBA as perhaps the most exciting if not shocking set of first round games continue. Save of course, for the Miami Heat’s domination of the Charlotte Bobacts, who got beat via sweep.
NBA: Playoffs-Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets
One other series have been decided too; the upstart Washington Wizards surprised the Chicago Bulls as John Wall and company finished off Joakim Noah’s crew in just five games.
While the Bobcats and Bulls are already booted out, 12 other teams’ fates are still up in the air; the Mavericks-Spurs, Nets-Raptors and Blazers-Rockets series continue on Wednesday.
Which teams are the good bets on this NBA game day? Game odds, stats and trends for the Brooklyn-Toronto Game 5 below:
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+3) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 190.5)
Game time: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Nets are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games
Why Bet on Brooklyn:
The Nets already stole one game in Toronto to the tune of 94-87 in Game 1. Expect the veterans to outplay the Raptors young crew in the end game again. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce combined for 63 points in that game.
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Raptors are 0-3-2 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Toronto:
They are playing at home and backed by the “North” so they’ll most likely do not want to give up homecourt advantage again. After a stirring 87-79 win in Game 4, momentum could be on the Raptors side. DeMar Derozan led the scoring with 24 points but it was the clutch play of Greiviz Vasquez (9 points) and Kyle Lowry (22 points) who did the Nets in.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions