NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Three games are on tap on Wednesday night in the NBA as perhaps the most exciting if not shocking set of first round games continue. Save of course, for the Miami Heat’s domination of the Charlotte Bobacts, who got beat via sweep.
NBA: Playoffs-Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets
One other series have been decided too; the upstart Washington Wizards surprised the Chicago Bulls as John Wall and company finished off Joakim Noah’s crew in just five games.
While the Bobcats and Bulls are already booted out, 12 other teams’ fates are still up in the air; the Mavericks-Spurs, Nets-Raptors and Blazers-Rockets series continue on Wednesday.
Which teams are the good bets on this NBA game day? Game odds, stats and trends for the Brooklyn-Toronto Game 5 below:
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+3) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 190.5)
Game time: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Nets are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games
Why Bet on Brooklyn:
The Nets already stole one game in Toronto to the tune of 94-87 in Game 1. Expect the veterans to outplay the Raptors young crew in the end game again. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce combined for 63 points in that game.
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Raptors are 0-3-2 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Toronto:
They are playing at home and backed by the “North” so they’ll most likely do not want to give up homecourt advantage again. After a stirring 87-79 win in Game 4, momentum could be on the Raptors side. DeMar Derozan led the scoring with 24 points but it was the clutch play of Greiviz Vasquez (9 points) and Kyle Lowry (22 points) who did the Nets in.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter