NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Three games are on tap on Wednesday night in the NBA as perhaps the most exciting if not shocking set of first round games continue. Save of course, for the Miami Heat’s domination of the Charlotte Bobacts, who got beat via sweep.
NBA: Playoffs-Toronto Raptors at Brooklyn Nets
One other series have been decided too; the upstart Washington Wizards surprised the Chicago Bulls as John Wall and company finished off Joakim Noah’s crew in just five games.
While the Bobcats and Bulls are already booted out, 12 other teams’ fates are still up in the air; the Mavericks-Spurs, Nets-Raptors and Blazers-Rockets series continue on Wednesday.
Which teams are the good bets on this NBA game day? Game odds, stats and trends for the Brooklyn-Toronto Game 5 below:
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+3) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 190.5)
Game time: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- The Nets are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games
Why Bet on Brooklyn:
The Nets already stole one game in Toronto to the tune of 94-87 in Game 1. Expect the veterans to outplay the Raptors young crew in the end game again. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce combined for 63 points in that game.
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Raptors are 0-3-2 ATS in their last 5 games at home
Why Bet on Toronto:
They are playing at home and backed by the “North” so they’ll most likely do not want to give up homecourt advantage again. After a stirring 87-79 win in Game 4, momentum could be on the Raptors side. DeMar Derozan led the scoring with 24 points but it was the clutch play of Greiviz Vasquez (9 points) and Kyle Lowry (22 points) who did the Nets in.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2