NBA Playoffs Preview—West First Round, Game 5: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 12:13 AM EST
This Texas tiff between the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks is now tied at 2-apiece after both squads stole one on the road with a crucial Game 5 looming on Wednesday night when the series shifts back to San Antonio.
NBA: Playoffs-San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Like the series score, the games have been close—save one— and have been decided in the end game.
In Game 1, Tim Duncan scored 27 points rallying the Spurs to a 100-95 victory despite trailing by as many as 10 points in the second half. The next game, the Mavericks built another big second half lead and this time never gave it up to steal one in San Antonio with the runaway 113-92 victory.
In Game 3, veteran Vince Carter saved the Mavericks with a three-pointer at the buzzer to give his team the close 109-108 win. Then in the last outing, the Spurs blew a 20-point advantage but the collapse was averted by a Boris Diaw shot from behind the arc to help San Antonio to a 93-89 win and even the series.
Back to square one and back to their go-to strategy: stop Dirk Nowitzki for the Spurs and stop Tony Parker for the Mavericks.
Both players are struggling in this series—mainly by design and not their fault. The German shooter have been limited to 38.5 per cent from the field and just 20.0 from the three-point line in this series while the French speedy guard was contained to just 10 points in the last outing after missing 9 of 14 attempts.
Will one of Nowitzki or Parker explode in this series? Who will have the advantage after Game 5?
Watch the Mavericks vs. Spurs game via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (+5.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 198.5)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. West teams
- The Mavericks are 4-0 ATS in this series
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Spurs are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in this series
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build