NBA Playoffs Preview—West First Round, Game 5: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | May 1, 2014 12:13 AM EST
This Texas tiff between the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks is now tied at 2-apiece after both squads stole one on the road with a crucial Game 5 looming on Wednesday night when the series shifts back to San Antonio.
NBA: Playoffs-San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Like the series score, the games have been close—save one— and have been decided in the end game.
In Game 1, Tim Duncan scored 27 points rallying the Spurs to a 100-95 victory despite trailing by as many as 10 points in the second half. The next game, the Mavericks built another big second half lead and this time never gave it up to steal one in San Antonio with the runaway 113-92 victory.
In Game 3, veteran Vince Carter saved the Mavericks with a three-pointer at the buzzer to give his team the close 109-108 win. Then in the last outing, the Spurs blew a 20-point advantage but the collapse was averted by a Boris Diaw shot from behind the arc to help San Antonio to a 93-89 win and even the series.
Back to square one and back to their go-to strategy: stop Dirk Nowitzki for the Spurs and stop Tony Parker for the Mavericks.
Both players are struggling in this series—mainly by design and not their fault. The German shooter have been limited to 38.5 per cent from the field and just 20.0 from the three-point line in this series while the French speedy guard was contained to just 10 points in the last outing after missing 9 of 14 attempts.
Will one of Nowitzki or Parker explode in this series? Who will have the advantage after Game 5?
Watch the Mavericks vs. Spurs game via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (+5.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 198.5)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. West teams
- The Mavericks are 4-0 ATS in this series
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Spurs are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in this series
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0