Android 4.4.2 KitKat Samsung Galaxy S4 Guide: Verizon Release and When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 11:41 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 owners have always been on the lookout for the roll out of the Android 4.4 KitKat series. Samsung promised before it will finish the Android 4.4 KitKat roll out to its Galaxy devices around the first quarter. This time, users have been waiting for the official roll out of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on the devices. Verizon has answered this concern with the release of the firmware.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 owners can now update their phones to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat edition. Users should see a notification for a new firmware available. Simply download the file to start installation. There are several changes Samsung Galaxy S4 owners should expect from the update. These include an improved UI, white KitKat status icons, improved camera features, App Drawer, new menus, tweaked S features, faster interface, improved battery life, smoother transitions from the menu to apps and overall enhanced Android experience.
Other expected changes to the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 under the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update include: more applications featuring multi-window support, Google+ Photos changes to Photos, Create Multi-Window Combination feature, Play Magazine now working as Play Newsstand, ISIS Wallet, Verizon Wallet and Google Hangouts SMS support.
Samsung has also released KitKat updates for the following devices: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3. multi-window support
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with the following features:
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 130 g (4.59 oz)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- TouchWiz UI
- 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), v4.3, upgradable to v4.4.2
- Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- PowerVR SGX544MP3
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2