Chelsea vs. Atletico Madrid–TV Schedule, Date, Time, Gamecast and Statistics
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 11:35 PM EST
Coming off a crucial win over Liverpool in the English Premier League, Chelsea shifts its focus on advancing to the finale of the UEFA Champions League. But standing on their way is Atletico Madrid, which looks to make it an intra-city battle in Lisbon.
Chelsea's Willian (L) celebrates with team mates after scoring a goal against Liverpool during their English Premier League soccer match at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England, April 27, 2014.
Mourinho returns in the UEFA Champions League semis with the goal of advancing to final round after coming up short in three consecutive tries with the Los Blancos.
As Madrid chief tactician, he guided Real Madrid to a semis stint in Europe's most prestigious tournament in 2011, 2012 and 2013. However, the Los Blancos came up short in these occasions, which paved the way for his Santiago Bernabeau exit.
Now that he's back with his former English ball club, Mourinho want a more unified Chelsea as they tackle an up-and-coming power in Spanish football. Sadly, they have to play Atletico Madrid without their finest net-minder in Peter Cech.
"Everybody's ready and he's ready and that's the message we wanted to give," Mourinho said in the pre-game presser via ESPN FC. "Everybody was on the pitch. It's a very important match for our group. Everybody's together, everybody wants to help, everybody wants to play.
"His condition doesn't allow him to play, but the message from him and the group.
On the other hand, Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone is aware that they are facing a much cohesive unit than Barcelona. Simeon knows that Chelsea will attempt to score goals in various way, but the Blues' imposing defense will always be the biggest puzzle they have to solve.
I'm not thinking about what we've achieved," Simeone said. I'm not focusing on where we are at the moment, I'm just focusing on keeping on moving forward."
"I'm not comparing Chelsea, a team that won the Champions League two years ago, with Atletico Madrid. In the end the best team will win and I believe with our hard work, I believe we can do well and maybe try to get a positive result."
Live Stream, Date, Time, Gamecast and Statistics
First Leg of the UEFA Champions League semifinal tie between Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea will take place at Stamford Bridge on April 30 at 4:45 (Sydney Time). The match can be followed live on Sky Sports 1 and Fox Sports 1 while Live Streaming feed is available on Fox Sports Go and Sky Go. ESPN FC will provide Gamecast and statistics of the match.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet