Chelsea vs. Atletico Madrid–TV Schedule, Date, Time, Gamecast and Statistics
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 11:35 PM EST
Coming off a crucial win over Liverpool in the English Premier League, Chelsea shifts its focus on advancing to the finale of the UEFA Champions League. But standing on their way is Atletico Madrid, which looks to make it an intra-city battle in Lisbon.
Chelsea's Willian (L) celebrates with team mates after scoring a goal against Liverpool during their English Premier League soccer match at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England, April 27, 2014.
Mourinho returns in the UEFA Champions League semis with the goal of advancing to final round after coming up short in three consecutive tries with the Los Blancos.
As Madrid chief tactician, he guided Real Madrid to a semis stint in Europe's most prestigious tournament in 2011, 2012 and 2013. However, the Los Blancos came up short in these occasions, which paved the way for his Santiago Bernabeau exit.
Now that he's back with his former English ball club, Mourinho want a more unified Chelsea as they tackle an up-and-coming power in Spanish football. Sadly, they have to play Atletico Madrid without their finest net-minder in Peter Cech.
"Everybody's ready and he's ready and that's the message we wanted to give," Mourinho said in the pre-game presser via ESPN FC. "Everybody was on the pitch. It's a very important match for our group. Everybody's together, everybody wants to help, everybody wants to play.
"His condition doesn't allow him to play, but the message from him and the group.
On the other hand, Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone is aware that they are facing a much cohesive unit than Barcelona. Simeon knows that Chelsea will attempt to score goals in various way, but the Blues' imposing defense will always be the biggest puzzle they have to solve.
I'm not thinking about what we've achieved," Simeone said. I'm not focusing on where we are at the moment, I'm just focusing on keeping on moving forward."
"I'm not comparing Chelsea, a team that won the Champions League two years ago, with Atletico Madrid. In the end the best team will win and I believe with our hard work, I believe we can do well and maybe try to get a positive result."
Live Stream, Date, Time, Gamecast and Statistics
First Leg of the UEFA Champions League semifinal tie between Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea will take place at Stamford Bridge on April 30 at 4:45 (Sydney Time). The match can be followed live on Sky Sports 1 and Fox Sports 1 while Live Streaming feed is available on Fox Sports Go and Sky Go. ESPN FC will provide Gamecast and statistics of the match.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones