Tim Cook Hints Apple is Closer to iWatch Release and More Apple Products
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Tim Cook has been under scrutiny for quite some time especially following drought of Apple releases. Analysts believe the company will be changing the course of things this third quarter as the company prepares for some of its major releases. According to recent information, people can expect the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad 4, 2014 MacBook Air, 2014 MacBook Pro and iWatch to hit stores around September.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks on stage during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
According to the Apple CEO, the strong fiscal second-quarter performance of the company can prove people wrong that the company has been spiraling downward. The Wall Street Journal quoted Cook saying: "Maybe it will take some new products."
Cook clarifies that he is aware of the concern over the company. Many analysts and consumers expressed whether the company can continue the successful streak from Steve Jobs' time. Cook promised investors and the market that Apple will introduce new product categories. However, the company will not rush into it. The Wall Street Journal quoted Cook:
"You want to take the time to get it right. Our objective has never been to be first. It's to be the best. To do things really well, it takes time. You can see a lot of products that have been brought to market where the thinking isn't really deep and, as a consequence, these things don't do very well. We don't do very many things so we spend a lot of time on every detail and that part of Apple isn't changing. It's the way we've operated for years and it's the way we still operate. I feel great about what we've got coming. Really great and it's closer than it's ever been."
Cook has also shed light on Apple's interest over mobile payments:
"I think it's a really interesting area. We have almost 800 million iTunes accounts and the majority of those have credit cards behind them. We already have people using Touch ID to buy things across our store, so it's an area of interest to us. And it's an area where nobody has figured it out yet. I realize that there are some companies playing in it, but you still have a wallet in your back pocket and I do too which probably means it hasn't been figured out just yet."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports