Android 4.4.2 Update Xperia Z Guide: When to Hit Your Region and More
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 11:14 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z users have been wondering when the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update roll out will happen. Previously, the Japan-based phone maker announced that it will finish the Android 4.4.2 roll out to Sony Xperia Z and other models during the first quarter of the year. However, this has not materialized. According to recent reports, the roll out of the latest update may happen soon especially following leaks from XDA Developers member DooMLoRD.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
DooMLoRD posted in the XDA Developers Forum thread the leaked firmware build for the Android 4.4.2 Sony Xperia update. The build went by 10.5.A.0.227. The screenshots showed similarities of the build to the original KitKat update released for the Xperia Z1 series.
Some of the standard KitKat features that will come with the update include: new Notification/Quick settings drop-down, immersive mode, transparent status and navigation bars, new Location Menu, color emoji support, cloud printing, and native apps from Sony. DooMLoRD also suggested that the update will provide Sony Xperia Z with a double-tap-to-wake feature. The update may come around May or at the latest June according to predictions.
Users can check if the update is already available by opening Settings > About phone > System update > Check now.
The Sony Xperia Z comes with the following specs:
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm (5.47 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 146 g (5.15 oz)
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), v4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Qualcomm MDM9215M / APQ8064
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- Adreno 320
Google will also reportedly release an Android 4.4.3 update. The tech giant has not released any official announcements about it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes