Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Expected for Nexus Series; Devices from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Motorola May Get New Firmware
By Raymond Ronamai | April 30, 2014 10:51 PM EST
The much-hyped operating system (OS), Android 4.4.3 KitKat is expected to roll out soon with Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 likely to get the first update, if latest reports have anything to go by. The firmware is also expected to be made available to several devices from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Motorola at a later date.
Screenshot from Google website
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is expected to release for Nexus devices in May, while Google Play editions of several smartphone makers, including Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Motorola may get it in June and the following months.
Nexus: It is reported that Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 will be the first devices to get the software update. Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 are also expected to receive the upgrade.
Motorola: Moto X, Moto G and Moto G Google Play edition may get Android 4.4.3 update early, despite Motorola's ties with Google being severed after its acquisition by Lenovo. The Moto X received Android 4.4. KitKat even before Nexus 4, so there is high chance of Motorola devices receiving the upcoming firmware earlier than expected.
Samsung: The recently launched Galaxy S5 is expected to get Android 4.4.3 update soon, while the Galaxy S4 may receive it a little later. However, the update may not be available for Galaxy S3. Among the Galaxy Note series, only Note 3 may get the upgrade. The firmware is also expected for the upcoming Galaxy Tab 4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Tab Pro 10.1 and Tab Pro 12.2.
HTC: The recently launched HTC One M8 will get Android 4.4.3 update in May-June, according to HTC developer LlabTooFeR. The HTC One M7 may get the new firmware in June-July, while the One M8 Google Play edition may receive the update earlier than other devices.
Sony: Android 4.4.3 update is expected to be available for a few variants like Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition, Xperia Z2 Google Play edition, Xperia Z2, and Xperia Z2 Tablet. The update is expected to come after Nexus devices receive it, according to Xperiablog.
LG: The LG G2 and G Pad 8.3 are likely to get Android 4.4.3 update, though nothing much has been reported about the devices. The upcoming LG G3 is reportedly releasing in June, and it may come with Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]