‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Will Alia-Arjun Starrer Enter ₹100 Crore Club?
By Ankita Mehta | April 30, 2014 10:30 PM EST
"2 States", the second highest grosser film of 2014, is scoring well at the domestic box office in its second week. The film starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor has accumulated over ₹80 crore, but whether the film will cross ₹100 crore mark in India remains a question.
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor in '2 States'
"2 States" based on Chetan Bhagat's novel of the same name has become a superhit film. Despite featuring stars that are just two or three films old, the film did well and went on to become the second highest grosser.
Abhishek Varman's directorial film overall had a fantastic two weeks and it will fare in the coming weeks since no big film is releasing. But to achieve the ₹100 crore mark, the film needs to earn around ₹20 crore from third and fourth week run.
The film in its first week raked in ₹60 crore and in second week (till second Tuesday), it minted over ₹20 crore. With no big release this week, the film will continue to rake in decent amount and there are high possibilities that it will touch the century mark within the end of third week or by fourth weekend.
If it enters the century club, then Bhatt and Kapoor will also enter the list for the first time with "2 States".
Meanwhile, Bhatt and Kapoor both have made their debut with a romantic film. But when the "Ishaqzaade" actor was asked why he decided to do the film, he said because he loves romantic-drama genres in general.
"The reason why I chose this script was because I love romantic-drama genres in general. It gave me tremendous happiness to finally play a character that I connect to, especially at the emotional level. I just had to play myself here! Bala from "Gunday," Ajay and Vishal from "Aurangzeb" or even Parma from "Ishaqzaade" are all very volatile people. For a change, I met a character in "2 States," where I could safely say ki, arey yeh toh mere jaisa hain," he told Indian Express in an interview.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]