Large-Screen iPhone 6 Leaks: iPhone 6 vs Nexus 5 vs Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5s
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 10:30 PM EST
Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 has created enough curiosity especially following predictions and leaks. Patent sightings of Apple's inventions have also created hype suggesting how revolutionary the smartphone could be. This time, a leaked video shows what Apple's next generation iPhone will look like when compared with Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Google's LG-produced Nexus 5. The video also provides new insight on the possible size of the device.
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by Apple Insider, images of iPhone 6 cases were spotted in the second week of April. YouTube channel Unbox Therapy featured one of the products and offered a close up look. Based from the clip, people can see that the iPhone 6 case appears larger when compared to the present iPhone 5s. The current iPhone 5s features a 4-inch screen.
Lewis Hilsenteger from Unbox Therapy suggested that the dimensions of the product were evidently for a bigger screen. This can fit will with the reported 4.7-inch variant. When compared to the Galaxy Note 3 and the Nexus 5, the suggested iPhone 6 measures closer to the Google smartphone. This is in relation to the overall dimensions and the screen size. The Galaxy Note 3, on the other hand, still wins over the iPhone 6 in terms of height and weight.
The leaked case also hints at the possible thickness of the device. Considering the iPhone 5s, Hilsenteger pointed out that the whole case appears thinner. The present design for iPhone 5s features a 7.6-millimeters chassis.
Other interesting features include a sleep/wake button on the side of the handset instead of the top. This is a major overhaul from Apple's design tradition or layout. The volume buttons also appear to follow a similar format in the iPad compared to the previous iPhone models. The video suggests that Apple wants to create an iPhone with more rounded edge. This is similar to the iPad Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists