Large-Screen iPhone 6 Leaks: iPhone 6 vs Nexus 5 vs Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5s
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 10:30 PM EST
Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 has created enough curiosity especially following predictions and leaks. Patent sightings of Apple's inventions have also created hype suggesting how revolutionary the smartphone could be. This time, a leaked video shows what Apple's next generation iPhone will look like when compared with Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Google's LG-produced Nexus 5. The video also provides new insight on the possible size of the device.
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by Apple Insider, images of iPhone 6 cases were spotted in the second week of April. YouTube channel Unbox Therapy featured one of the products and offered a close up look. Based from the clip, people can see that the iPhone 6 case appears larger when compared to the present iPhone 5s. The current iPhone 5s features a 4-inch screen.
Lewis Hilsenteger from Unbox Therapy suggested that the dimensions of the product were evidently for a bigger screen. This can fit will with the reported 4.7-inch variant. When compared to the Galaxy Note 3 and the Nexus 5, the suggested iPhone 6 measures closer to the Google smartphone. This is in relation to the overall dimensions and the screen size. The Galaxy Note 3, on the other hand, still wins over the iPhone 6 in terms of height and weight.
The leaked case also hints at the possible thickness of the device. Considering the iPhone 5s, Hilsenteger pointed out that the whole case appears thinner. The present design for iPhone 5s features a 7.6-millimeters chassis.
Other interesting features include a sleep/wake button on the side of the handset instead of the top. This is a major overhaul from Apple's design tradition or layout. The volume buttons also appear to follow a similar format in the iPad compared to the previous iPhone models. The video suggests that Apple wants to create an iPhone with more rounded edge. This is similar to the iPad Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones